[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Noah_Lukas

06 Oct 2017 23:27

Hmmmm Kaspersky would be a solution :D but they take away too much XD
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

ValentinTaskov
Donation rank:

07 Oct 2017 12:53

Hello :)

A friend of mine today download all the files and after he run ETS2, in mod manager all the files are red and it says "incopatible" .Version of the Promod - 2.20 , version of the game - 1.28.1.3s . What might be the problem?
The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

07 Oct 2017 14:00

Press on the 'i' in the mod manager to see what the problem is.
He's probably missing one of the DLC's.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

ValentinTaskov
Donation rank:

07 Oct 2017 16:30

Yes, that was the problem.
The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.

OldDanTrucker

08 Oct 2017 23:22

Same. Win Rar doesn't like the mods. TSM maps have no problems with Win Rar so it's on your end obviously. Please do something about it. I have never gotten this mod to work in all these years for one reason or another so I just stick to TSM maps. You really need to make his mod combined instead of this childish crap. It isn't even competition at this point it's just plain being retarded.

Vøytek
Developer

08 Oct 2017 23:41

OldDanTrucker wrote:
08 Oct 2017 23:22
it's just plain being retarded.
I'd say something here but...

If you can't use WinRAR or 7-zip, then I'm afraid you should give up on using mods. It's a very basic skill of computer usage.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Davyddin
Donation rank:

09 Oct 2017 00:33

I hadn't used WinRAR for many years, among other things because it isn't free, but I downloaded it to check if the multipart extracts fine with WinRAR. It does, of course. Amazing how some people have to blame others as a matter of course.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Legolover134

10 Oct 2017 23:51

I can download all of the files just fine, but when I try to add them into the game, there is a problem. Since the files have their number (001, 002, etc.) at the very end of the name for the files, my computer sees them as .001 files, or .002 or whatever the number is. I try to rename them by getting rid of the number at the end, and turning them into 7zip files by doing so, but 7zip still can't open the archive. The def file is just fine, however.

I think this is the right place for this, since it is about the files and not problems with the mod itself, but I'm pretty new to the forum, so if it's not the right place, sorry for that...
Grand American World Shipping Lines

hhaugland1
Donation rank:

11 Oct 2017 00:23

Start your troubleshooting here: help.php?mode=unpacking

Davyddin
Donation rank:

11 Oct 2017 00:34

As stated on the help page hhaugland1 linked to, the .7z.001 … .7z.007 files you have downloaded are not mod packages to be directly added to your mod folder, but a multipart LZMA-compressed archive. You are to unpack it (them) by using the latest version of 7-Zip (or WinRAR), opening the .7z.001 file and extracting all the contents. You need to have all seven parts in the same location, and the programme will automatically recognize the contents spanning all files. It's a bit like an installation spanning multiple floppies or discs. The extracted .scs packages are what you then move to your mod folder and activate in the mod manager together with the def package.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information