[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

04 Dec 2017 20:37

Denzof wrote:
04 Dec 2017 20:29
Hello. I downloaded till part 6 and the trailer pack mod and I can't get the 7th part. It says I have 2 active downloads even tough I don't.
Try refreshing the page and downloading the 7th part. Restart your browser if you still have issues.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

Denzof

04 Dec 2017 20:39

Nathan_A_RF wrote:
04 Dec 2017 20:37
Denzof wrote:
04 Dec 2017 20:29
Hello. I downloaded till part 6 and the trailer pack mod and I can't get the 7th part. It says I have 2 active downloads even tough I don't.
Try refreshing the page and downloading the 7th part. Restart your browser if you still have issues.
Yep tied that and now got banned for who know how long :(

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

04 Dec 2017 21:02

Denzof wrote:
04 Dec 2017 20:39
Yep tied that and now got banned for who know how long :(
Just take a break for an hour (do not re-attempt) and you'll be fine after that. Try another browser. The download servers are pushing a tonne of traffic at the moment without any issues.
Promods Server Administrator

b0r1s

05 Dec 2017 19:10

C'mon guys, this blocking method is not funny. I have been working whole day and cant wait to come home to download new map and play it. Now after downloading first part I have been blocked for a few hours. A few Hours? And I always donate to you guys after every release because you do a great work with your map. But this is something that you do not need, neither do I. Thanks anyway...
ETS 2 1.31.2.2 All DLC + ProMods v2.30 + RusMap v1.8.1

bmwGTR

05 Dec 2017 19:45

Hi,

they have to do it, otherwise people would abuse the free download and the ProMods Server would crash.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2017 19:52

b0r1s wrote:
05 Dec 2017 19:10
C'mon guys, this blocking method is not funny. I have been working whole day and cant wait to come home to download new map and play it. Now after downloading first part I have been blocked for a few hours. A few Hours? And I always donate to you guys after every release because you do a great work with your map. But this is something that you do not need, neither do I. Thanks anyway...
As always the logs don't lie. I can see you're attempting to download multiple files from what appears to be a download accelerator at once and have been redirected to limit.html multiple times also. Please read the message saying "2 concurrent download at once" - whatever you're using or doing is sending a metric crap tonne of requests to our servers hence why it blocked you.

Give it a break for a hour, be patient and take it easy or pay for the download if you want it quickly. As you can see the servers are under a little bit of load so your patience and cooperation is appreciated.

loopback
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2017 20:12

Hi, check my logs than. Part one downloaded. Finished. Started part two. Says connection limit exceeded bla bla bla and that I'll be blocked if I try any further attempt... Using Firefox.

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2017 20:25

loopback wrote:
Hi, check my logs than. Part one downloaded. Finished. Started part two. Says connection limit exceeded bla bla bla and that I'll be blocked if I try any further attempt... Using Firefox.
This isn't a log checking service but can confirm you had multiple connections. Sometimes it may take a moment for your last connection to fully terminate before you're allowed another download slot. Like I always say, be patient please if you're using the free download service.

loopback
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2017 20:32

michaelmurfy wrote:
05 Dec 2017 20:25
loopback wrote:
This isn't a log checking service but can confirm you had multiple connections. Sometimes it may take a moment for your last connection to fully terminate before you're allowed another download slot. Like I always say, be patient please if you're using the free download service.
Hi, than something is wrong either with log reporting or a service itself, as from description it should allow two downloads, i started one, and couldn't even start second. after one was already finished. Sorry, but something is not working correctly here. I think I will end up like last time with premium download. I didn't have multiple connections. It was one after another. That's a huge difference. Please recheck if everything is working at your end correctly as it seems I'm not the only one.

Vøytek
Developer

05 Dec 2017 20:41

Sorry guys, but it's hard to believe in this kind of reports. If thousands of users can download without problems and maybe 5-10 people have problems, then you can't blame the servers, only yourselves. I downloaded for free yesterday without any issues, so don't tell me I was just lucky, it was the same with 2.20 for me ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information