[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Vøytek
Developer

06 Jan 2018 20:57

Think: if I can download the mod and you can't, then who/what is to blame? Only you. Not me, not the servers. Check using a different browser, different device, don't do it on WiFi, disable AdBlock and download accelerators... There's a lot to test yourself before you say that it doesn't work ;)
As you can see on our home page, our servers are at 80% load. That means many users are downloading the mod succesfully.
I tried it myself right now, just to be sure it works before I post:
If you say it doesn't work, you're only making a fool of yourself in the public and it won't help you download it, trust me ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

07 Jan 2018 09:23

EuEric wrote:
06 Jan 2018 20:23
I am not using a download accelerator, can somebody help me I can't download anything.
We do log everything that goes on around here. I can see you attempted all of the downloads within a few minutes of each over. Since each connection is rate limited at 200kb/sec and you're allowed 2 connections total there is no way you could have downloaded all parts before attempting the other 4 downloads. I can also see the servers have legitimately directed you to the access denied page. I am pretty sure with the requests you were sending the servers you may have had your IP blocked also. Just honestly take it easy and if you're having problems with multiple downloads then WAIT until your existing downloads finish before attempting any more.

Again as lord Vøytek said look at the server load - people are clearly downloading it successfully. If you can't then it is simply a PEBCAK.
Promods Server Administrator

Noggyeng

11 Jan 2018 18:19

I've downloaded all the parts but five of them won't open. I've downloaded part 4 at least four times but it never opens. Even the test file won't open, have downloaded it twice. I've tried different zip programs. If I could use Paypal I would. Any suggestions, please?

ETS2-User
Developer

12 Jan 2018 01:53

Why would you open any other packages than the first one if you follow the tutorial, which I'm sure you've read?
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Noggyeng

12 Jan 2018 12:25

The problem was that I couldn't open either the test package or the first file on my gaming PC. However, I downloaded and extracted everything on my other computer so everything is ok now. Both PCs have the same updated software so I have no idea why it worked on one PC and not the other. Thanks!

Plainoldbread
Donation rank:

24 Jan 2018 01:57

I went on to the ad and it was a blank page, and then a random download. (Thank God I didn't get it on my system) It attemped to install a virus.
Something like adsense would be fine. I'd rather not try ad.fly or shorte.st.

ScuL
Founder

24 Jan 2018 02:49

Please report your experience to adf.ly
http://www.adflyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=56982
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Kodemunkey

26 Jan 2018 16:42

Hello, where can I provide feedback about the motorway between Dover and Folkestone ?

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

26 Jan 2018 17:38

No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

fraxu1

03 Feb 2018 18:56

Hello guys, can you upload the part 1 of the promod 2.25 and give me the link to download(not broken file xd) because, I have all the thime a problem with part 1. I can't extract part 1 while i Have al the part from 002 to 007. And I have installed today the latest version of Winrar and 7zip. I think the part 1 of the promod 2.25 is broken.
With friendly greeting,

FRAXU

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information