Why do we have to download all the archives?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
SuperEmbracer
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 04:22

Hi, My first (and probably my only) post on ProMods. I love to play ETS2 in my free time, and i probably want to know why we have do download all the archives (for the free download), but we only have to extract the first one. If anybody knows why this is the case, it would be appreciated. :)

ScuL
Founder

10 Sep 2017 07:02

It's a multi-span ZIP archive. Something that was common in the computer industry since the early 1990's.

It opens part 001 and then automatically reads 002, 003 etc etc. and so forth.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 17:45

Think of it like the old days when a game would use multiple floppy disks or CD's to install.
You start with the first disk/disc. The installer works its way through the files and then it will request the 2nd one, and so on.
With a multi-span archive, the concept is the same, but you don't have to manually feed the media to your computer after starting with the first one.

KyotoCarl
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 19:36

To answer your question: the mod is divided into multiple rar files instead of having one large one. When you extract the first first it extracts all the others to. So yes, you need all files and you extract all of them, not just the first one.

smith121363
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 23:20

Three different answers all saying the same thing. Just in a different way. Hopefully everyone who takes the time to read them will find one that will make sense to them.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information