Stop the France merge!

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
jelledc

10 Sep 2017 09:17

I always liked the original Promods France, and i was never really wild about the France-DLC...

But after doing a delivery to Barcelona (A7) and the retour, the difference between the 2 is way to big... when driving on the Promods parts, you really feel like driving in France... driving the SCS part, feels like SCS...

so hear my plea, and stop merging the Promods and the SCS parts... and just replace everything with the Promods map, because it was so much better like it used to be before the DLC

ps: the same applies to the nord of Italy, the promods parts that were replaced by the France-DLC were so much better than what SCS did...

CAPLV
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 10:04

stop BS.. SCS France isnt so bad at all.. PM France was old.. thats way they merging/rebuilding etc..
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

mateush05

10 Sep 2017 10:35

In PM France I like asphalt textures and out-of-town roads ;)
Junior beta-tester 21.06.2018 - 02.2022

realdeal350
Developer

10 Sep 2017 13:00

IMO SCS' France is way better than ours, and most people agree with that. I don't think theirs is so bad, it's very detailed and true to life in some parts.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

jelledc

10 Sep 2017 13:18

@realdeal... its acurate in some parts, Promods is acurate everywhere... you could even use the Promods map to plan RL trips... and maybe Promods was already older, but most of it was custom build, to mimic the real interchanges that are there... now, en route from Paris to Rennes, i count 3 exact the same interchanges, with the only differences being the signs...

It just don't feel like France anymore, and that's what the old Promods France did for me... and do the test, drive on a part from SCS France to Promods France... you clearly see the difference... even if it's only the way the signs are exactly like they are in RL, the departement signs, POI signs, river signs, the little villages on N-roads... it's only little details, but the make it feel like real...

Devilagent
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 13:52

@jelledc: I guess you forgot about the one lane interchangers (old SCS) that the developer added in his latest work and the steep and curvy roads everywhere even in flat area's. I'm really glad the DLC took care of that. Overall SCS actually did a real good job in France (in the DLC area).

The thing that Promods can change in a later stage are realistic roadsigns and custom interchangers, but I hope they will give priority in updating old SCS parts like Lille, Lyon etc. because the roadstructure around that cities is terrible.

IvanGF14
Developer

10 Sep 2017 14:09

I dont know how can you like the PM France. I always avoided it when it was possible (to the point of not driving to my own country just to avoid FR) The map was ugly, unrealistic, full of senseless curves, a lot of really low quality models, short FLD prefabs, bumps everywhere, etc etc etc

brainiac
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 14:39

I think that DLC is better of Promods in all terms except interchanges and cities except Paris. In cities I count ring roads (Rennes, Nantes and Bayonne). I miss the most Promods Toulouse.
I hope that some of those things will return in 2.3, but it seems that all developers are busy on other parts and Kutchek won't return. He would finish it in 1-2 versions.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

loupdargent

10 Sep 2017 14:58

I must say that driving through the DLC part of France is pleasent, but i can't define it as acurate.

Some segments are acurate but others are pure fiction, i give you an exemple. On the A75 between Montpellier and Clermont (i know it by heart because i drove it maybe a hundred times through the last 7 years), i can recognize only three parts : The Garabit viaduct, The Millau viaduct and a tunnel. The rest is fictionnal.

I know it's difficult to recreate a whole road with this scale, but the A75 is NOT a flat, straight highway, it's mountainous and curvy. How could they forget the Pas de l'Escalette between Montpellier and Millau, the steepest point of french highways with a 8% slope, it's a very scenic segment on the flank of the cliffs with a tunnel to reach the Larzac plateau. And what about the Col des Issartets (1121 m) and Col de la Fageole (1114 m) which are the highest highway mountain pass in France.

So in fact Promods is much more acurate than SCS. And we're not talking about the cities...

Vøytek
Developer

10 Sep 2017 19:51

I also didn't like our old France, unfortunately. It was the worst part of our map and I just avoided it. It's all my personal opinion of course. Now it's a real pleasure to drive in DLC France but some interchanges need a rebuild of course. No idea how accurate it is, as I have no clue about real road system in France.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information