Stop the France merge!

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
IvanGF14
Developer

11 Sep 2017 18:02

HighFlyerPL185 wrote:
11 Sep 2017 10:53
I think Kutchek's work was groundbreaking at the time. He was using prefabs that no one was using; he was capturing the feel that no one could in the entire scene. Obviously, it's been a long time since then, and SCS has upped their game with new modern prefabs and map design methods. Naturally, Kutchek's work became outdated.

But I wouldn't be as harsh as to call it "the worst part" like Ivan did (weird for a developer to say that lol, sure you get that mapping is time consuming).

Ideally, to me, France should be a mix of two - Kutchek's feel of small villages and well-thought out cities, and modern prefabs that enhance both the look and performance of France.
Can you tell me where i exactly said "the worst"? Because i didnt use those words. For me the worst part is Romania. Still, everyone has his own oppinion

smith121363
Donation rank:

12 Sep 2017 00:49

@IvanGF14, You didn't say that. Vøytek did. HighFlyerPL185 is pointing a finger at the wrong developer.

Vøytek
Developer

12 Sep 2017 01:49

Yes, it was me indeed.
I agree with Ivan about Romania (and Moldova is the same) but MIRFI didn't have a chance to use all available assets, because his PC was old.

I didn't like old France and that's just my opinion. We don't point fingers at each other, blaming other developers for their "bad" work. I know many of you enjoyed Kutchek's work and it's good ;) I got bored really quickly and didn't come back there. But as I said, it was a long time ago. So let's not go in this direction in our discussion. We try to merge some old Kutchek's work but with new assets available in the DLC. And I'm pretty sure I'll like it much more this time :)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

smith121363
Donation rank:

12 Sep 2017 03:11

Ouch. Sorry, I was just trying to be "cute". I guess my attempt at dry humor doesn't work very well on the internet.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

12 Sep 2017 10:51

Haha sorry Ivan!
Everyone's welcome to have their own opinion, but I don't think it was bad. It is just simply outdated for current standards.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information