Concept mapping of Ukraine?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Davyddin
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 22:36

Hi team,

In another thread there was a suggestion to an eager new map modder to start looking at western Ukraine. This prospective map modder, however, took up another project entirely.

Now, I'm aware of the situation that there was a dev working on Ukraine, who unfortunately had to leave the team due to personal reasons. I am certainly no mapper myself, but I am very interested in cartography, and the question grew in my mind: Is there already a working concept map for Ukraine, or is there need of (a new) one?

I started sketching one mostly just to learn Google Maps, but I could sketch it further and share it, if it would be of help? As I said, I am no mapper and would not myself be able to realize any concept map, but I assume planning is a central part of the process.

(I am also well aware of the problem of Crimea and eastern Ukraine; there are already on my map large red marks on the subdivisions of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Donetsk Oblast, Luhansk Oblast, and Sevastopol, signifying these are currently not to be included in any mapping.)
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

smith121363
Donation rank:

11 Sep 2017 00:08

Well, even though a lot of us would love to see Ukraine be developed, it is a very touchy subject around here. It would have to be developed in such a way as to not offend anyone and that is a very hard thing to do. The only thing I can think of is to make the contested area what it is in real life: a military zone, and there fore a "no go zone". It seems to me to be the only way to develop the area with out offending too many people.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

11 Sep 2017 00:24

As I said, no mapping of the conflict zones and contested areas at all, were it up to me.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

25 Sep 2017 21:26

Hi..

There is another Area that should be a "restricted no go area" the 30 km zone around the ruins of the tschernobyl nuclear power plant.. But it could be interesting to leave one way to it. Maybe for special frights for the new sarkophag..

Just an idea...

Regards
MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Vøytek
Developer

25 Sep 2017 21:39

We already discussed it a few times within the team and it won't happen, at least not now. We're nowhere close to it anyway. If you want to build it - go ahead and I'll be happy to check it out ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Davyddin
Donation rank:

26 Sep 2017 02:48

Vøytek, by "it won't happen, at least not now", are you referring to actual further mapping of Ukraine, or to something else?

ETS2-User
Developer

26 Sep 2017 12:56

We're talking about Chernobyl right now. ;)
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

loupdargent

26 Sep 2017 14:49

Chernobyl could be a great easter egg, but in Ukraine there would be so much to do first

Master_of_the_roads

26 Sep 2017 15:00

Also building an area that constantly reminds us of a great nuclear disaster and worst case scenario, wouldn't be ethically and morally sound, but that's me. Pripyat still is one of the most dangerous cities in Europe because of the radiation levels. It won't be completely safe for living and working for approx. 50 years or so due to the radioactive material's half-life. We hope for the best though, the danger is slowly going away. ;)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information