Navigation

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Prcek203

13 Sep 2017 17:35

Navigation is unclear and changes the direction of driving even at the last moment when it is no longer possible to change direction!

Bug: I came across an unseen object on the road, followed by damage to the truck in Germany!

Resume: It is a pity that it can not be used for multiplayer :cry:

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

13 Sep 2017 18:07

I do not understand what you mean by the navigator being unclear and 'changing direction at the last moment'? Can you please explain a bit more, maybe with screenshots?

Also, you should never ever, not in the game and not in real life, rely on navigation alone ;) Use common sense and signs too ;)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

DragonSpirit
Donation rank:

13 Sep 2017 18:30

i think i know what he/she means with changing direction on navigation at last second.
hard to capture on screenshots.
will try to explain : you are on a 2lane road on the highway so rightlane to turn right to other part of highway and leftlane to go straight.
Navigation shows you have to follow leftlane, by the time you can not switch lanes cause you reached the point of the lanes where they split up then the navigation says turn right to follow that road to destination.
Or other way around is also possible navigation shows follow rightlane and after road splits up and no way to change lanes says/shows take leftlane.
So you are driving wrong due to navigation (if you simply just follow navigation) and have to find a way to turn and get back on track.

Also navigation has habit of letting you drive through gasstations instead follow the road. Must be SCS humor :lol:

I do not think it is Promods issue, more SCS issue since I have it on vanilla map as well.
My PC Specs: *Mobo: MSI B350M MORTAR ARCTIC B350 *CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8core) 3,4 GHz (3,8 GHz Turbo Boost) *Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR4-2666 Kit
*GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G *HDD: Hitachi 1TB SATA *PSU: 850Watt *Wheel: Logitech G29 with shifter *OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Prcek203

13 Sep 2017 20:44

Volleybal4life wrote:
13 Sep 2017 18:07
I do not understand what you mean by the navigator being unclear and 'changing direction at the last moment'? Can you please explain a bit more, maybe with screenshots?

Also, you should never ever, not in the game and not in real life, rely on navigation alone ;) Use common sense and signs too ;)
And why is navigation in the game? Cancel it. Why are complex intersections with complex raids in the game?

DragonSpirit
Donation rank:

13 Sep 2017 20:55

navigation is a choice you can turn it off
My PC Specs: *Mobo: MSI B350M MORTAR ARCTIC B350 *CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8core) 3,4 GHz (3,8 GHz Turbo Boost) *Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR4-2666 Kit
*GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G *HDD: Hitachi 1TB SATA *PSU: 850Watt *Wheel: Logitech G29 with shifter *OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

13 Sep 2017 21:08

Prcek203 wrote:
Why are complex intersections with complex raids in the game?
Simple, because those intersections exist at those locations in real life.

Within ProMods most European people should be able to drive without navigation, and on basic knowledge of Europe alone.. Just follow the signs.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Prcek203

17 Sep 2017 18:41

Volleybal4life wrote:
13 Sep 2017 21:08
Prcek203 wrote:
Why are complex intersections with complex raids in the game?
Simple, because those intersections exist at those locations in real life.

Within ProMods most European people should be able to drive without navigation, and on basic knowledge of Europe alone.. Just follow the signs.
So release the navigation completely from the game ;)

DragonSpirit
Donation rank:

19 Sep 2017 16:28

Prcek203:

you can turn it of yourself in 2 ways :
easy way : drive and press f3 a couple of times
little less easy :go ingame settings in your loaded profile and turn the bloody thing of if it's such an issue for you how it looks or not responds properly ;)

Happy whining, ehm trucking pardon me

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

19 Sep 2017 19:56

Agree the navigation aid sometimes gets confused. I also have seen it highlight inappropriate sections of roadway, change its mind at the last second, lead me on a detour through a truck stop instead of sticking to the main road, etc. However, there is always the real map which seems more stable and reliable. I wish SCS would adopt or author a moving-map for Android or iPad and release it as a supported product, as it would be nice to consult one's gps map without interrupting gameplay. Anyway, in the meantime the navigator assistant works 99% of the time :-) and is useful when you would rather just drive than think.
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

dkokales
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2017 12:15

You can also always use waypoints to adjust the route on the GPS. Just go to the map view after you attach a cargo, and modify the route anyway you please. I often do this so that I don't see it trying to have me drive thru a rest area in game. Just an aesthetic thing, but it's what I do. I've never seen the GPS change it's mind or the route at the last second. It always follows the same route I start a trip with. The only exceptions being:
1) if I take a wrong turn, of course it will adjust the route to compensate and get me back on track.
2) if the route was taking me through a rest area and I stay on the highway. In this case, the route I've already travelled disappears, but it has no affect on the remainder of the route I still have to drive.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information