Steam & ProMods

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
DjVero
Donation rank:

23 Nov 2017 18:51

Hello there,

I'm new to this forum and like two years ago I intensely played ETS2, including the Go East expansion and some mod from here. Now I want to pick it up again using the latest version of ProMods (2.20), but it says I need Vive la France and Scandinavia as well. First question: is this really necessary?

If so, then if I download these expansion packs from Steam can I install them over the original version and Go East on my PC, which were from a CD? If yes, will ProMods work with Steam versions as well?

Less important questions:

1. Is there any other way to pay for ProMods 2.20 other than PayPal? Creditcard or something?
2. Will I keep my original career save with the expansions from Steam and ProMods?
3. I'm thinking of buying the whole pack (now for just €12,83 on there), will this influence my previous career file and/or installed game?

Vøytek
Developer

23 Nov 2017 21:01

DjVero wrote:
First question: is this really necessary?
Yes
DjVero wrote:
If so, then if I download these expansion packs from Steam can I install them over the original version and Go East on my PC, which were from a CD? If yes, will ProMods work with Steam versions as well?
Yes, activate your original game and Going East on Steam.
Yes, ProMods works with Steam version of the game (as that's the most popular version actually)
DjVero wrote:
1. Is there any other way to pay for ProMods 2.20 other than PayPal? Creditcard or something?
You don't pay for ProMods, you pay for a paid download service if you don't want to use the free download service. ProMods was, is, and always will be a free mod. I think you can pay with credit card through PayPal.
DjVero wrote:
2. Will I keep my original career save with the expansions from Steam and ProMods?
Your career will work. But, just in case, make a backup before using any mods.
DjVero wrote:
3. I'm thinking of buying the whole pack (now for just €12,83 on there), will this influence my previous career file and/or installed game?
If you buy official DLCs, there's no way they would break your game profile. It would be really weird. You'll get new roads, that's all. You can continue playing on your previous profile.

I hope it answers your questions ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

DjVero
Donation rank:

23 Nov 2017 21:09

Vøytek wrote:
23 Nov 2017 21:01

I hope it answers your questions ;)
Yes, it does. Thanks! :D I think I'll just buy the whole package from Steam and go from there. It's actually cheaper than buying France and Scandinavia alone. As for the Mods 2.20 it says when I want to download it I have to follow a few steps of which the second one is a paid download. It's a 1660MB file. I don't mind to pay, but I don't have Paypal ;)

Vøytek
Developer

23 Nov 2017 21:41

You could always create a PayPal account.

But as I said, you can use free download.
When you're in Step 2, you have paid download on the left side of the screen and free download on the right side of the screen.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

ScuL
Founder

23 Nov 2017 21:57

PayPal is used as a payment gateway but you can use credit card, bank transfer, Ideal, Paysafecard and many other methods to transfer money.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

DjVero
Donation rank:

23 Nov 2017 22:10

Got it. And also paid for and currently downloading! :) Thanks for the help!

DjVero
Donation rank:

23 Nov 2017 22:39

It's not working :( It looks for the old mod (v1.90) all the time and in the loading screen, the screen freezes. Without the new mods (2.20) the game does work though...

ScuL
Founder

23 Nov 2017 23:07

You'll need to update the Mod Manager. It will always complain that the old files are missing but after one warning this should disappear
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

DjVero
Donation rank:

24 Nov 2017 16:51

Yes, I know that, but the problem is more that with ProMods 2.20 it doesn't load. Only when I turn it off the game will load, even though it says 1.90 is missing.

[EDIT] Never mind, it's working. I downloaded the file again, put it in the right folder and off I can go. Thanks for the help anyway!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information