Special Transport DLC compatibility

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
cdtjuk
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2018 18:38

Trucker2223 wrote:
08 Jan 2018 18:30
it's ready when it's ready.
An idea of when it could be ready would be nice. I.E. we're 60% there or something. Saying "its ready when its ready" is a cop out clause and s**t customer service. There should be regular updates to your customers. Dont take their loyalty for granted. The last update was almost a month ago saying "We have successfully created 3 routes out of 17 in ProMods and this took us about 2 weeks to achieve."

hahnson

11 Jan 2018 19:08

cdtjuk wrote:
Trucker2223 wrote:
An idea of when it could be ready would be nice. I.E. we're 60% there or something. Saying "its ready when its ready" is a cop out clause and s**t customer service. There should be regular updates to your customers. Dont take their loyalty for granted. The last update was almost a month ago saying "We have successfully created 3 routes out of 17 in ProMods and this took us about 2 weeks to achieve."
For a customer service you need customers, for PM there aren't any customers and thus there is no customer service to be had / to be demanded!

remember this is a project the teammembers does for fun and without compensation in their spare time between other real life commitments. and then they gracefully share the creation with us, any updates they decide to share are completely at the teammembers own descretion and we must and should simply accept this. On an personal observation i can also understand if this compatibility is not prioritized as PM works as it should on ETS2 1.30 as is, it is simply the added features from the DLC that aren't available.

I find it a bit rude actually to put demand on free thing like this, myself i rather recently stopped providing a small software i'm making and still maintaining for myself because of similar demands from users that would not accept it was a project i did in spare time and when and if i had the time ...of course one might ask but then also accept the answer,
Last edited by hahnson on 11 Jan 2018 19:11, edited 1 time in total.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2018 19:10

What hahnson said.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Gammelsokken
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2018 19:29

I am looking forward till its ready, And I dont mind waiting for a great job done good :)
And I think they are doing a hell of a job to please us users, And they said its a lot of coding to fit into promods, So i'll be patient and just wait for them to be ready when they are ready :)

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2018 00:02

In the past, estimated release dates were given, but then people complained when those dates were overshot and tried to hold the ProMods Team's feet to the fire for missing the ETA.
As a result, ProMods no longer gives release dates (even estimated ones) and uses the "It's ready when it's ready" response to such inquiries. Blame the not so nice users of the past.

cdtjuk
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2018 18:08

hahnson wrote:
cdtjuk wrote:
Trucker2223 wrote:
For a customer service you need customers, for PM there aren't any customers and thus there is no customer service to be had / to be demanded!

remember this is a project the teammembers does for fun and without compensation in their spare time between other real life commitments. and then they gracefully share the creation with us, any updates they decide to share are completely at the teammembers own descretion and we must and should simply accept this. On an personal observation i can also understand if this compatibility is not prioritized as PM works as it should on ETS2 1.30 as is, it is simply the added features from the DLC that aren't available.

I find it a bit rude actually to put demand on free thing like this, myself i rather recently stopped providing a small software i'm making and still maintaining for myself because of similar demands from users that would not accept it was a project i did in spare time and when and if i had the time ...of course one might ask but then also accept the answer,
I pay for promods so surely that makes me a customer as im paying for a product. Its also not free. as i pay to support the team. Unlike you that sounds like you use the freebie link

samuray
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2018 18:15

No, you don't pay for Promods, you pay for download bandwidth. Promods is free.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2018 18:21

Sometimes I use the free download server, sometimes (if I'm feeling impatient) the paid Payloadz server. Sometimes I make a small donation to the devs, since I like their work. I have never paid for the mod itself, and neither has anyone else. Neither am I a customer, nor is anyone else.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

ETS2-User
Developer

13 Jan 2018 00:31

ProMods is free, because paid mods are illegal, simple as that. Whether you donate or use the paid download is entirely up to you. We don't host the paid download server, so we don't see the money you pay there. So no, you are not our customer.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

hahnson

13 Jan 2018 09:06

cdtjuk wrote:
12 Jan 2018 18:08
hahnson wrote:
cdtjuk wrote:

I pay for promods so surely that makes me a customer as im paying for a product. Its also not free. as i pay to support the team. Unlike you that sounds like you use the freebie link
I always use the fast server and pay the 1 euro for convenience , but i pay for the download not PM! I have also made a smaller Donation, but that is really not the same as paying for a product!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information