Special Transport DLC compatibility

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2018 19:49

ProMods is in the process of adapting their map to accommodate the Special Transport DLC.
The definitions for the economy don't have the ST trailers listed yet, and the map needs actual work done to make them work properly.

You can, however, set up a profile for the base game/DLCs and choose to not add ProMods so you can drive the ST routes and complete the achievements that involve them for the time being.
Or, you can wait until ProMods releases an update that is compatible with the ST routes. Your choice.

JohnBart
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2018 19:59

Thanks for the information. Looking forward to try my hands on the special assignments on ProMods in the future. :)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

lighthousepoet

15 Jan 2018 23:10

It might be one thing to adapt promods for the Special Transport DLC, however, it will be quite another for promods ( bless their hearts) to adapt many of the additional deliveries and routes I have found using the temp fix mentioned in another post. Things like toll booths would need adapting. Alternate routes that avoid steep on ramps ( even the Scania 760 bhp would struggle with a 70 tonne load ) and delivery timings would have to be adjusted to cater for major diversions and longer delivery destinations.. Ferries would need to be adapted. The list goes on.
So be thankful that they are working on making promods compatible with ST DLC.

erkinalp

18 Jan 2018 08:58

Special transports do not cross ferries except when it is absolutely necessary. They are loaded into barges.

lighthousepoet

19 Jan 2018 09:40

erkinalp wrote:
18 Jan 2018 08:58
Special transports do not cross ferries except when it is absolutely necessary. They are loaded into barges.
Very true ,however,they do not exist at present, so would have to be created.

lighthousepoet

19 Jan 2018 09:45

KrysEmlyn wrote:
15 Jan 2018 19:49
ProMods is in the process of adapting their map to accommodate the Special Transport DLC.
The definitions for the economy don't have the ST trailers listed yet, and the map needs actual work done to make them work properly.

You can, however, set up a profile for the base game/DLCs and choose to not add ProMods so you can drive the ST routes and complete the achievements that involve them for the time being.
Or, you can wait until ProMods releases an update that is compatible with the ST routes. Your choice.
You must remember that when you set up a new profile, you start from scratch and therefore would not have enough experience gained to drive a vehicle with the capacity to haul ST's .

punkito

21 Jan 2018 09:41

MandelSoft wrote:
13 Jan 2018 15:41
Actually, Payloads only takes a third of that single dollar. We can keep the rest to pay for our servers and they aren't cheap. Think of a three-figure price tag on a monthly basis.

As for hosting it on i.e. Google Drive or Dropbox; sure you can host and download it from there, but file size is not the key limitation here; bandwidth is. It's not a problem when only one person downloads a mod from there. But IIRC, they both allow a few gigabit bandwidth per day, so that means only a handful of people could download our mod per day. On our current server, we can handle hundreds of downloads in a day and we own these servers ourselves. As our previous download distributors were constantly being taken down by ... vengeful people, this is the only option for the free download we have left.
I undertand your point very well, but what about p2p? Big files without limitation of bandwith or traffic can big easily distributed with torrents (no need even to compress files). Users will download from another users and everyone will be happy. For those who cannot use torrent cliend and care about huge upload can easily download for chargable server for 1 euro or so. Most of us who pay this small fee just support the team.
Sorry if my point of view is too minor but when I see file servers, browser-downloads ets I feel like in 90s.

i7-10700K, 64GB RAM, MSI MAG Z590 Tomahawk, SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB, GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB, Win 10 Pro
ETS2 1.49+PM 2.68 - Discovered 85%

ScuL
Founder

21 Jan 2018 10:10

The torrent argument has been raised many times and shot down just as many times. It doesn't server our purpose and it's not reliable
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Portocalaa

25 Jan 2018 09:00

does special transport dlc have compatibility with promodss??

Davyddin
Donation rank:

25 Jan 2018 11:36

Please read the tons of repeated answers to your question here in this thread.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information