ETS2 1.30 and Promods 2.25 DirectX Version

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
juncaoPHI

09 Dec 2017 08:38

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know, are both ETS2 v 1.30 and Promods 2.25 have been optimized for DirectX 11 and 12? since previously, especially the ETS2 1.28 was based on the DirectX 9, which was dated back then to the Windows XP era. This actually caused lag and FPS Drop for me who runs DirectX 11 and 12.

I'm currently playing the ETS2 v1.30 with Promods 2.25, Rusmap 1.75 and related mod from promods using Win 10 with this Specs:

1. Intel i3 5005U @ 2.0 Ghz
2. Intel HD Graphic 5500 GPU
3. 6 GB RAM
4. 128MB VRAM
5. 64Bit

and Once I try a job around 3500 km taking from Clermont to Kandalaksha with very low graphic settings (1024*768 resolution, it's okay, while previously it lags heavily. I also tweaked the graphic setting with all Sunshafts, color Correction, DLR and other setting turned on but mixed with low setting for other parameters in 1280*720 and it's still stable without Lag nor FPS Drop. I won't tweak to maximum since I think my specs are not up to challenge for higher setting.

Thanks
Happy Trucking---------Goes Around Europe
Greetings From Indonesia

bmwGTR

09 Dec 2017 10:05

Hi,

SCS is making optimization on the game engine (step by step) - they are preparing switching from DX9 to DX11.

This can be only done in small steps, you can not just "switch" from DX9 to DX11.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

hahnson

10 Dec 2017 10:35

With your specs im not surprised it lags, more surprised you can run the game actually, neither your CPU nor your GPU is good or even made for gaming, IntelHD chips are for office use mainly, new directx version wouldent inprove the perfomrance i would say, i would recommend getting a decent graphicscard (if not a laptop) even the cheaper "entry level" variants of nvidia or amd will greatly improve your performance

juncaoPHI

11 Dec 2017 07:48

hahnson wrote:
10 Dec 2017 10:35
With your specs im not surprised it lags, more surprised you can run the game actually, neither your CPU nor your GPU is good or even made for gaming, IntelHD chips are for office use mainly, new directx version wouldent inprove the perfomrance i would say, i would recommend getting a decent graphicscard (if not a laptop) even the cheaper "entry level" variants of nvidia or amd will greatly improve your performance
Well, that's why I don't tweak my setting to maximum. Last night I played with low graphic setting but with 100% scale. Using Fraps, it showed maximum FPS of 22. It was quite stable however. Ya, I played using office specs Laptop. My other laptop, Asus has better GPU but less RAM:

Asus A455L
Windows 8.1
Intel Core i5 5200U Up to 2.7 Ghz
4 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 920M
DirectX 11

I used my office specs as a trial-test for this newly ETS v 1.30, Promods 2.25, and Rusmap 1.75. I'd try it in my private laptop to see whether it works decently.

Just wanted to know, which one is better? More RAM or Decent Video Card? since My Office Specs has more RAM but very basic Video Card, while my private laptop is the other way around.
Happy Trucking---------Goes Around Europe
Greetings From Indonesia

erkinalp

14 Dec 2017 15:14

This can be only done in small steps, you can not just "switch" from DX9 to DX11.
Software developer here. DX11 is based on a different assumption. This requires remodelling of whole modules.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information