Own a trailer (DLC maybe)

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
vulchor
Donation rank:

27 Dec 2017 08:02

Vøytek wrote:
26 Dec 2017 22:15
I doubt a real truck driver tries to escape when a police car wants to stop him... It just sounds really ridiculous :D

But indeed it's a bit sad right now, that when a police car is nearby, you just get a fine immediately. They should stop you, waste 30 minutes and then let you go again (no, I have no idea how it looks like irl when police stops a truck for speeding. But I guess they check the truck and the cargo too, and it takes some time)
US Police easily waste in excess of 30 minutes of your time if they pull you over for speeding in a regular car. I can imagine it taking much longer for a truck, unless the cop's in a good mood. What I hate the most in ETS2 and ATS is that you get a speeding ticket for going over the limit by just a few mph, where as IRL you're not going to get stopped unless you're doing at least 10 MPH over the limit. Hell, in lots of big cities you'd have to be going at least 15 MPH over, unless the cop has quotas to make.

Hexagon_175

27 Dec 2017 10:38

vulchor wrote:
27 Dec 2017 08:02
Vøytek wrote:
26 Dec 2017 22:15
I doubt a real truck driver tries to escape when a police car wants to stop him... It just sounds really ridiculous :D

But indeed it's a bit sad right now, that when a police car is nearby, you just get a fine immediately. They should stop you, waste 30 minutes and then let you go again (no, I have no idea how it looks like irl when police stops a truck for speeding. But I guess they check the truck and the cargo too, and it takes some time)
US Police easily waste in excess of 30 minutes of your time if they pull you over for speeding in a regular car. I can imagine it taking much longer for a truck, unless the cop's in a good mood. What I hate the most in ETS2 and ATS is that you get a speeding ticket for going over the limit by just a few mph, where as IRL you're not going to get stopped unless you're doing at least 10 MPH over the limit. Hell, in lots of big cities you'd have to be going at least 15 MPH over, unless the cop has quotas to make.
In most of Europe, they're very strict on pulling people over, some countries are as little as 2 km/h, while others are more forgiving (that's the human cops of course. Speed Cameras are pretty strict with the offset before they snap a photo, and are pretty plentiful in quite a few countries.) I know countries like Finland are very strict about speed enforcement, having very high fines for speeding (based on a mix of income and severity).

In the US, I do hear that the cops tend to be much more strict towards the truck drivers, pull them over and fine for what would otherwise be minor infractions, there was a pretty good convo about it somewhere around when ATS was announced about that and how especially the CHiP is very strict (with California's 55 mph limit for trucks.)

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

27 Dec 2017 18:53

Actually I think the real problem here is that they fine you immediately when you hit a certain treshold (I think it's 10% over) whereas in real life they would track your speed for a little while and if it's consistently over, they fine you. In game however I've lost count of how many times I got fined for accidentally hitting 90 km/h when going down a slope, and it's so irritating having to slam on the brakes when going downhill.

vulchor
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2017 03:17

Hexagon_175 wrote:
27 Dec 2017 10:38
In most of Europe, they're very strict on pulling people over, some countries are as little as 2 km/h, while others are more forgiving (that's the human cops of course. Speed Cameras are pretty strict with the offset before they snap a photo, and are pretty plentiful in quite a few countries.) I know countries like Finland are very strict about speed enforcement, having very high fines for speeding (based on a mix of income and severity).

In the US, I do hear that the cops tend to be much more strict towards the truck drivers, pull them over and fine for what would otherwise be minor infractions, there was a pretty good convo about it somewhere around when ATS was announced about that and how especially the CHiP is very strict (with California's 55 mph limit for trucks.)
I don't know anything about European traffic enforcement, as I've never had the privilege of travelling to Europe unfortunately, not to mention the financial ability.

You're right that California is very strict about enforcing their truck limit, however it is like Darkfizch says, where they'll follow and monitor your speed for a while. If you're speeding in order to overtake slow traffic, no problem. In reality, I think in my entire 33 years of life I've probably only ever seen 10 or less trucks pulled over, and I do a ton of interstate travel. Then again, in reality, the vast majority of trucks travel under the speed limit.

Rik321

28 Dec 2017 19:20

That is not realistic too of the police. I don't get it. Sometimes SCS talks about making it more realistic. But now they are far away from making it realistic.

I hope SCS is going to make some changes about the realism in this game

Rik321

07 Jan 2018 16:42

And has anyone of you also problems with Promods and the new special transport DLC?

bmwGTR

07 Jan 2018 18:21

Hi,

the special transport DLC is currently not working with ProMods 2.25 (there are no special transport jobs on the jobs market).
With 2.26 there will be some jobs for special transport.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Rik321

07 Jan 2018 18:43

Thank you!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information