Remote Company in Kirkenes

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Jevsenak
Donation rank:

30 Dec 2017 13:38

Shiva wrote:
29 Dec 2017 01:13
Only thing that road needs, is city timemode, currently it is in highway mode.
I don't know if that is doable, but it is a great idea. I can refer to it as I love driving on those challenging roads and I know that you can sometimes burn a lot of time in highway scale on them.

MonkeyJackNZ
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2018 01:50

i love that road! i wish there were lots more tricky roads to do. just checked out some of iceland, and i love it.
so where are there more challenging roads for deliverys?

AoiWithAStar

04 Jan 2018 02:36

Try Northern Scandinavia as well as Russia. Some of the Northern Russian and Norwegian roads are nuts. Oh and Andorra is fun too.

Jevsenak
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2018 20:08

It’s nice when you find a trailer from heavy cargo DLC and your route goes through some mountain pass.

MonkeyJackNZ
Donation rank:

05 Jan 2018 02:37

AoiWithAStar wrote:
04 Jan 2018 02:36
Try Northern Scandinavia as well as Russia. Some of the Northern Russian and Norwegian roads are nuts. Oh and Andorra is fun too.
Jevsenak wrote:
04 Jan 2018 20:08
It’s nice when you find a trailer from heavy cargo DLC and your route goes through some mountain pass.
nice, thanks. ill have to go check those areas out and find something heavy to haul through. i love it when i actually have to down gear and use my jake brakes. the old one gear below the one you went uphill trick

zyprexia

05 Jan 2018 15:42

Still, I would love to see more companies that are harder to reach.
When you download the mod, you also have to generate the def file. Maybe an option can be added that include some more challenges?
Users that just want to race their truck won't enable that option and have just the regular companies..

Note: That the companies will be there, but because def mod doesn't provide cargo for those companies, it would never be chosen as a start or destination company. A bit like the bus stations in the game (still waiting patiently for Coach DLC)..
System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4800Mhz, 48GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, RTX2060, HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

05 Jan 2018 16:10

You can also simply choose not to pick those jobs... It's really as hard as you make it for yourself.

Makko82

14 Jan 2018 13:34

Vøytek wrote:
28 Dec 2017 14:13
This road was released in ProMods 2.1, about 1.5 year ago. I tested it myself during beta-testing, with a 4x2 Scania + 25t cargo. It's possible to do it ;)
It won't be modified, because most of our players really like the challenge.
What kind of trailer you had when you tested it? I tried to haul a 15t digger with a lowbed trailer from there and got absolutely stuck when trying to get to that dam at the russian border. The bottom of the trailer touched the ground and got stuck on the bump just before the intersection at the dam. I couldn't get it to move forward from there, crawler gears and differential locks didn't help.

When I hauled gargo with the dump truck trailer from the same place I had no issues, but with that low trailer I can't find a way to get over that bump. So am I missing some tricks or is it impossible with some trailers??

ismailscania

14 Jan 2018 18:40

The best road of Promods or real world :) If you mean the dam between russia and norway.... I drove that road more than 200 times.... more than 50 tons... 8x4 is needed.... (Level 260)
Headquarters: Istanbul.
Driving Scania S730 (8x4) at the moment.
Level 442 (2.200.000 km + )
Promods + Rusmap + Southern Region.
18 large garages.82 trucks.

cjlear

22 Jan 2018 11:41

Personally I love it, scenery is fantastic and you know a lot of people won't get to see it because it is so challenging.

I agree that it needs to be on city time, you can jump to a job there and do it, but if you start from Kirkenes fully rested, there is not enough time to go and get the load and return to a sleeping place. An alternative would be to put a sleeping place at the dam.

I went back to it after seeing Squirrel say it was impossible to get the excavator over the bump at the entrance to the dam. I did it, it took about 5 minutes of rocking backward and forward going ahead a tiny bit each time, until the trailer was no longer beached and could go on top of the dam.

But I got completely stuck when I got almost to the end of the road, at the hairpin turn with a rock wall on one side. There was no way to get the trailer around and I had to F7 out of there.

Such an amazing part of the route and the more I play the more exciting parts I find. I'm now looking for all the easter eggs buried in the maps - a dead cat on the road, car accidents, roads not on the map leading off to special places... thank you SCS and ProMods!
Not updating ETS2 until it and my mods can work together again as a package

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information