Suggestions for Scotland

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
KR15MCS
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2017 15:24

Good day!

Was unsure where to post this, I'm seeing it as constructive feedback but feel free to move if there is somewhere more appropriate.

I have been thoroughly enjoying the ProMods map, especially around Scotland. I actually drive trucks irl, specifically run containers for A&D Logistics all over Scotland and north England. It's a little sad that in my time off I like to play a truck driving sim lol.

Anyway... to the point, I would like to point out as you may or may not know the speed limits for HGV's over 7.5 tons on single carriageway roads in Scotland is 40mph, which I understand would be (and is irl) frustrating and add quite abit more onto journey times. The one exception in Scotland is on the A9, not all of the A9 but specifically between Perth and Inverness there has been a "Trial Speed Limit of 50mph" for HGV's since 2014, this is the only exception in Scotland. I am unsure if this could be implemented easily but I would appreciate if it could be giving some thought somewhere down the line.

This is a great mod, probably the best and you guys have done some amazing work to the point where I can actually recognise alot of the places I'm driving! Well Done on Arria Angel of the Nauld on the M80 too, looks great!

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

29 Dec 2017 15:46

Firstly, thanks, and welcome! :D
The best place to post comments on and suggestions for the British Isles development, is here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11816

Yep, I was aware of the 50mph speed limit trail, but believed it had been implemented country-wide now. So it seems not!
I'll review the speed limits on single carriageway roads in Scotland, and see if any changes can be made. Unfortunately, the game only allows one speed limit per road section, so if a 40mph rule is applied, all traffic has to abide by that rule, not just trucks :(

We are currently reviewing all signage throughout ProMods Europe to see where we can make improvements.
I've also been upgrading most of the older road network, with more city re-builds in the pipelne ;)
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

Elmer BeFuddled

30 Dec 2017 12:53

Force its independence?

(I jest!!) :D

kr15hna_s

27 Aug 2021 07:07

Please can you add the NC500 route for Scotland, it's really a mind-blowing drive.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information