Recommendations

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
fikri.noh

29 Dec 2017 19:37

Hi. I wanna give some recommendations to improve ProMods to make it much more realistic.
1. Rebuild/add some capital cities including DLC countries
Please rebuild Prague, Bratislava, Oslo, Stavanger, Bern, and Tallinn, because they are oddly unrealistic and different than their real life lookings. And also please rebuild Rome, as many architecture (including Colosseum) are missing. One more thing is Lithuania's capital Vilnius is not in the game's map so hopefully you'll add it soon.

2. Rebuild Norway's E18 from Kristiansand to Oslo and route from Oslo to Bergen
And yes, both routes are very different than what they are in the real life. So maybe just take a look on Google Maps and see what I mean. ;)

3. Road markings
Well I appreciate that you updated the Norway's middle/median line to yellow unlike in other mods. Well, I think in some countries the spacing between dotted lines are unrealistic especially in Netherlands, France and Poland. Hopefully you will update it soon.

4. Realistic border crossing
Yes, border crossing is what many people focuses when driving across the countries. And I really like to recommend you to create thr real border crossing especially on Belgium's border crossings which have an unused custom's checkpoint.

Jevsenak
Donation rank:

30 Dec 2017 13:27

I think that many architecture is missing in game because you’ll find it in the city centers which aren’t crossed by the trucks. Industrial zones are usually on the outskirts just off the highway. I think that Milano is a great example after northern Italy rebuild in DLC.

fikri.noh

30 Dec 2017 15:45

Jevsenak wrote:
30 Dec 2017 13:27
I think that many architecture is missing in game because you’ll find it in the city centers which aren’t crossed by the trucks. Industrial zones are usually on the outskirts just off the highway. I think that Milano is a great example after northern Italy rebuild in DLC.
At least we can use car mods and drive into the centre ;)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

30 Dec 2017 17:05

fikri.noh wrote:
3. Road markings
Well I appreciate that you updated the Norway's middle/median line to yellow unlike in other mods. Well, I think in some countries the spacing between dotted lines are unrealistic especially in Netherlands, France and Poland. Hopefully you will update it soon.
Are they too short or too long? Everywhere where we applied new prefabs and road templates, we actually applied the line spacing and lengths from the national norms to these roads. But we have to upscale the proportions up to 15 meters, because road templates always are 15 meters long or multiples of that number (French road templates can be 30 or 45 meters long). Here's a list of proportions we used:
  • Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, France*: 3 meter lines, 9 meter spacing: 1:3; scaled 125%
  • Austria, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Switzerland, Slovakia, Spain*, Portugal*, Denmark*, Ireland*, : 6 meter lines, 12 meter spacing; 1:2; scaled 83.3%
  • Italy, Slovenia*, Serbia*, Croatia*: 4.5 meter lines, 7.5 meter spacing. 3:5; scaled 125%
  • Belgium: 2.5 meter lines, 10 m spacing; 1:4; scaled 120%
  • Poland: 5 meter lines, 8 meter spacing: 5:8; scaled 115%
  • UK: 2 meter lines, 7 meter spacing; 2:7; scaled 83.3% (and two lines per section).

*) Lengths don't exactly match, but the proportions are very close.

Source for our lengths: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... bahnen.png

We've done our research and just take a look on Streetview to see that some of these lines are really that short.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Zindixel

30 Dec 2017 17:32

Can you please add some cities to slovakia ?

fikri.noh

04 Jan 2018 13:32

MandelSoft wrote:
30 Dec 2017 17:05
fikri.noh wrote:
3. Road markings
Are they too short or too long? Everywhere where we applied new prefabs and road templates, we actually applied the line spacing and lengths from the national norms to these roads. But we have to upscale the proportions up to 15 meters, because road templates always are 15 meters long or multiples of that number (French road templates can be 30 or 45 meters long). Here's a list of proportions we used:
  • Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, France*: 3 meter lines, 9 meter spacing: 1:3; scaled 125%
  • Austria, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Switzerland, Slovakia, Spain*, Portugal*, Denmark*, Ireland*, : 6 meter lines, 12 meter spacing; 1:2; scaled 83.3%
  • Italy, Slovenia*, Serbia*, Croatia*: 4.5 meter lines, 7.5 meter spacing. 3:5; scaled 125%
  • Belgium: 2.5 meter lines, 10 m spacing; 1:4; scaled 120%
  • Poland: 5 meter lines, 8 meter spacing: 5:8; scaled 115%
  • UK: 2 meter lines, 7 meter spacing; 2:7; scaled 83.3% (and two lines per section).

*) Lengths don't exactly match, but the proportions are very close.

Source for our lengths: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... bahnen.png

We've done our research and just take a look on Streetview to see that some of these lines are really that short.
Thanks for the info. But I feel that France's marking spacing is longer than that in Netherlands. And also the marking looks tiny than in the real world.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

04 Jan 2018 14:05

The marking looks tiny, but that's because in the real world the lanes are narrower, which may contribute to the illusion. The lines in our mod are slightly thicker because if we use the real thickness, they look quite off.

I still have to disagree that they look tiny; from my own driving experience in the region they are just right. The only lines that are short are those from Belgium, but these are really stubby in real life too...
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

fikri.noh

04 Jan 2018 14:12

MandelSoft wrote:
04 Jan 2018 14:05
The marking looks tiny, but that's because in the real world the lanes are narrower, which may contribute to the illusion. The lines in our mod are slightly thicker because if we use the real thickness, they look quite off.

I still have to disagree that they look tiny; from my own driving experience in the region they are just right. The only lines that are short are those from Belgium, but these are really stubby in real life too...
Yes I know about Belgium. I just have an issue with marking spacing and thickness in France. If you look at Italia DLC, the marking lines are so realistic while France DLC, also DLC, being unrealistic. That's the issue. Oh yeah, I've rechecked the street view of Autoroute and I found that you were right but sometimes I still feel that France's road markings are so unrealistic.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

04 Jan 2018 14:35

The French markings were done by SCS before I got into SCS. For Italy, they actually used the dimensioning ProMods was using for Italy because I suggested it so (and they agreed on it). The lines in Italy are very typically thick. I can agree that the lines in France are too thin on motorways, but we have to override all ramps to correct that, and this will take a while...
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

fikri.noh

04 Jan 2018 14:55

MandelSoft wrote:
04 Jan 2018 14:35
The French markings were done by SCS before I got into SCS. For Italy, they actually used the dimensioning ProMods was using for Italy because I suggested it so (and they agreed on it). The lines in Italy are very typically thick. I can agree that the lines in France are too thin on motorways, but we have to override all ramps to correct that, and this will take a while...
Oh, thanks for the info. That's why Italian roads are so realistic. You are also working with SCS? That's awesome! Hopefully French markings will be updated soon. :)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information