Promods as Add-on Map ??

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Stilgar
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2018 19:04

Hi,

will Promods in future always a stand alone map or will a addon release possible ?

With the next SCS DLC (Balkan ?) and a standalone romania map it would be great to have the nordic countries, Island, UK, the baltics as an additional map addon for the standard map.

Is this possible or generaly not ?
Company: Universal Transports -- Headquarter : Hamburg

Mooner_37
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2018 19:35

ProMods is too big in map to be an add-on map. It will be a standalone like it always have been. There is no option to have only a few countries as add on in case of ProMods Map extension
ETS2 / ATS

Current Headquarters: Liège, Berlin, L.A. Luxemburg, Seattle
Current Trucks: ETS2: 15 ATS: 2
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Mileage: ETS2: 462,317 km (287,270.46 miles) - ATS: 329,972 km (205,035 miles)
Level: ETS2: 65 - ATS: 48

ETS2-User
Developer

12 Jan 2018 01:48

I think you guys misunderstood the concept of a standalone map. ProMods has never been a standalone map and never will be. it will always use the original europe.mbd module, and you can add or remove as many map sectors as you like.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Stilgar
Donation rank:

13 Jan 2018 20:13

Sorry but it looks like that i was misunderstood.

We player use the term standalone because promods is no addon to the vanilla map. The special transport DLC is so far as i know not playable at the moment on the promods map.

What i was asking was - will promods change it Status similar to Rusmap and be Addon to the vanilla Map.

The reason why i was thinking about it is that beside the central europe Modifications GER, AT, CH, DK all other "easily" could be added to the vanilla Map. Polen is under rebuilding what takes time. The benefit i saw is are no more technically Problems with upcoming SCS dlcs.

Sorry for the grammar, im writing on the tablet with German Auto grammar.
Company: Universal Transports -- Headquarter : Hamburg

Vøytek
Developer

13 Jan 2018 20:42

I don't understand this idea... Do you expect us to remove all our hard work in "GER, AT, CH, DK"? What about Poland, France, Benelux, UK, Sweden, Norway, Italy, Czechia, Slovakia, Hungary...? We won't delete our awesome work, only to avoid possible issues with some DLCs :D
We don't run away from problems, we solve them.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

CAPLV
Donation rank:

13 Jan 2018 21:24

use or dont use.. its your choice.. if you want play vanilla.. create another profile and play.. where is problem?
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Davyddin
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2018 04:43

Stilgar wrote:
13 Jan 2018 20:13
We player use the term standalone because promods is no addon to the vanilla map.
I'm going off topic, but no, this is not what a standalone map is.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information