ProMods - City of Zielona Gora - Poland

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Noah_Lukas

07 Feb 2018 20:52

Wait wha...
Now I know what I'm going to do next week :P
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Mick_1997

07 Feb 2018 21:13

Vøytek wrote:
07 Feb 2018 16:13
Not really. Few of our developers work (or worked) on low-end PCs. It's not an excuse ;)
No, I do have a good PC, and if it would be able I would learn it. I speak Polish but Im typing in English so others understand.

Mick_1997

07 Feb 2018 21:16

Vøytek wrote:
07 Feb 2018 16:13
Not really. Few of our developers work (or worked) on low-end PCs. It's not an excuse ;)
I do have a good PC ,and If someone thaught me how to do the whole thing on a very good level I would happily help the modding team . And I said before that as if the team hadn't looked at Zielona Góra, of course they did but they put Gorzów in and that's a smaller city with less logistic companies. Also, I just want Zielona Gora done at good level and also the town's in between Poznan and Warsaw. For example, Konin or Kutno .

Callipso
Donation rank:

07 Feb 2018 22:45

I'm sorry to say that no one is going to teach you how to do the whole thing. Most of the devs are very busy and don't have the time to do that kind of hand holding. I am myself beginning to learn how to edit the map from many months of doing minor changes here and there on the map. It takes a lot of your own time to work on the editor and you can learn how to make good stuff by doing it yourself, have some patience an persistence and things will start to look better and better over time.

RacerToft
Donation rank:

08 Feb 2018 09:37

As Callipso says, we don't have the time to teach you everything.
But there is a lot of simple guides to get started on YouTube and on this forum. Next step is just to play around with the editor and have fun with it.
When you think you have done some good work that deserves to be showed in the 'Show your work' section, then go for it. In there we (and others) are willing to give you tips and tricks to the mapping.
ATS Map Designer, SCS Software

From Denmark, living in the Czech Republic!
Keep calm and ride the dirt!
"Kan man gå overhovedet i sådan nogle?" -Jørgen Leth

Mick_1997

10 Feb 2018 18:01

Callipso wrote:
07 Feb 2018 22:45
I'm sorry to say that no one is going to teach you how to do the whole thing. Most of the devs are very busy and don't have the time to do that kind of hand holding. I am myself beginning to learn how to edit the map from many months of doing minor changes here and there on the map. It takes a lot of your own time to work on the editor and you can learn how to make good stuff by doing it yourself, have some patience an persistence and things will start to look better and better over time.
I totally understand no one will teach it , but I think when doing something everything should be done to the highest standards, and that when the project is given away to download everything should be complete and the team shouldn't miss out cities which are one of the most important ones in Logistics in the country .

Davyddin
Donation rank:

10 Feb 2018 18:16

If the above explanations aren't to your liking, you are free not to play with ProMods.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

HixoPL
Developer

10 Feb 2018 19:02

Mick_1997 wrote:
I totally understand no one will teach it , but I think when doing something everything should be done to the highest standards, and that when the project is given away to download everything should be complete and the team shouldn't miss out cities which are one of the most important ones in Logistics in the country .
We're not a company which makes fully completed map, and relases it as finished product. We are making updates of our mod because we keep on adding more stuff. No, we didn't miss Zielona Góra... Just nobody is working there right now. Building/rebuilding one city takes few months, up to a year of development. We can do anything in Poland for one year... only one year. Be patient, someone will make it in future.
Poland developer

Åland is not cancelled

Vøytek
Developer

10 Feb 2018 21:05

Mick_1997 wrote:
the team shouldn't miss out cities which are one of the most important ones in Logistics in the country .
As it was already explained - it's Poland Rebuilding's fault, they didn't add it in last... 4 years maybe? We didn't add it in last year, that's true too. Zielona Góra is the 24th city in Poland, if you look at population. There are still bigger cities missing, but I agree, that all voivodeship capital cities should appear in game at some point in the future.
Mick_1997 wrote:
and that when the project is given away to download everything should be complete
Then there would be no mod maps at all!
As you can see, ProMods (or any other map mod) wasn't able to complete the whole Europe in past 5.5 years since this game was released. So you want a complete map... That means we should rather release first version ProMods in 2025, when maybe we'll finally finish everything? Do you know how bad it would look like? For example - Zielona Góra could be built in 2012/13 and Portugal in 2020. Do you know what a quality difference it is? Do you want to wait for one city for 20 years or maybe a year or two?
Imagine we really started with Zielona Góra, so it would be built with vanilla game assets (no DLCs), no custom interchanges, no S3... And then you would know that Zielona Góra is finished, but you have to wait 20 years before we finish whole Europe, because "everything should be complete". Then we would finally release ProMods with Zielona Góra, which would look outdated and you wouldn't be happy with it. Personally, I'm happy we're working on Poznań right now, not few years ago ;) The later your city is build, the better it'll be.

And Poland is a country with more and more new roads. We try our best to include all latest developments. That means some cities/interchanges can be postponed, because the layout will change soon, and we prefer to have the "final" version of an area.

It's an ongoing project. It may never be completed. And even when it's done, there'll be a lot to improve. There's no "complete" version. It's only our choice what is done. If you want a city so badly, you can start mapping yourself and I really encourage everybody to do it. There are only benefits when you try. You won't lose anything, except for some time, which you maybe don't spend on anything productive anyway? When you do a good job, you really feel the satisfaction. If you do it for somebody to enjoy, it's an even better feeling.
Don't demand if you want something - do it yourself ;)

Maybe you misunderstand a few things about map creation process - explain how you understand that sentence I quoted above ;)

(We can continue this discussion in the Polish section, if that's easier for you. Maybe other Polish players will help me explain some stuff, as they're here longer)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Mick_1997

13 Feb 2018 22:22

Ok , thanks I understand. It's just that I wanted to prove a few thing, and I will also quote and tell the people of Poland Rebuilding that something should be done. If I could be able to help and create I would , however I'm not that talented to do this, I would need to find time to learn how to create maps and places, but I haven't got that time. I know that it won't be ever complete as it's so big and developers have to sacrife some time for the building of the whole Europe . But anyway , I like Promods and will continue to play and will wait like others for the new cities and Zielona Góra to be made.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information