How to ProMods developers feel once their region of the map is replaced by official DLC?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
TunDrik

25 Feb 2018 06:38

I was curious how a developer feels once a section of map they may have put countless hours of work into, is not necessary anymore because there is official DLC. It was my understanding that there were a few Italian cities already mapped and modeled before the "Italia DLC" was released and had to have been removed. Where the modders upset, relived, annoyed? What happened to the modders mapping italy?
English and Swedish

ETS2: ProMods - RusMap - Southern Region - Poland Rebuilding - The Great Steppe - AfroMap - Paris Rebuild - Emden - Swedish Islands
ATS: Viva Mexico - Mexico Extremo Aguascalientes - La Paz & Cubo San Lucas Rebuild

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

26 Feb 2018 16:14

Well I once spent nine months building all of scandinavia which got later removed by the Going North DLC. Of course it doesn't make me happy, but it was good to see that the quality in the areas got alot better. SCS their DLC added quite some nice content, not to forget excellent assets, which we use now to continue working in the North.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

27 Feb 2018 18:17

You win some, you lose some. The areas you mapped will be replaced by said DLC, but on the other hand you have a whole bunch of new assets to play with. As we've seen starting from the Scandinavia DLC, SCS knows how to map their DLCs and we anticipate on their development and build in other areas to complement the map. But even when your map area is gone, it wasn't for nothing: during all this time, you've built up experience that can help you making even better content over time.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

ferdiepip

06 Mar 2018 16:45

Another question then: have you guys ever thought about a GPS navigator with voice. Like "Turn right in 300 meters". Wouldn't that be awesome?

Noah_Lukas

06 Mar 2018 16:45

That would be more a case for SCS ;)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

ferdiepip

06 Mar 2018 16:50

True

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

06 Mar 2018 22:44

First, that kind of modding is out of our scope if it were possible, and second, it's not possible to mod this kind of functionality in-game, as it would require mechanics and meta-data that doesn't exist in the game.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information