Cologne Ovehaul

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
PHILL91RX

18 Mar 2018 15:17

Hey there,
I wanna adress the city of Cologne which kind of got messed up in ProMods.
I hope you guys will find the time to fix the city anytime soon. I'm not sure why you changed the city that drastically anyway, because it was just fine in base game. What I'm talking about:
The cathedral is far too small in your map version, just a tiny church. It is however as tall as the skycrapers in the background. Moreover it would be located much further north. Why the hell did you put it to a new location that far south? You would find it north of all the other scenary together with the Hohenzollernbridge which completely disapeared in your version. I know it is not that important but what you did to the city is that highly inaccurate so that i can't go there anymore. If you really wanna improve the city make it being less outdated by adding the Kranhäuser or Lanxess tower instead. They excist for a decade in reallife but are not included in game even though they would be right next to the explorable area. But mixing up all the buildings and creating a fantasy version of Cologne doesn't make it feel like a simulation :? . As I said, the city looked fine in the SCS game version. So what happened?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

18 Mar 2018 22:19

We actually barely changed the city center itself of Köln, or if we did, we can't remember doing that. Maybe we'll have to review it, but I must warn you; this is not high on our priorities list at the moment...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

PHILL91RX

18 Mar 2018 23:54

As I said it is not that important. But I have to admit it really bothers me.
The problem mainly is the cathedral, for it is totally out of place and resized in a weird way. To relocate and rescale it would help a lot already. Thank you for looking into it.

PHILL91RX

22 Oct 2019 21:44

Hey there, any news on the topic?
Unfortunately nothing has changed yet and after reviewing the city, I must say that you totally messed up the scenary.
Please at least use the original game Cologne. The scenery buildings are not all situated on a green plain at the river banks with a big forest in the background. As said before the Cathedral also is in a totally wrong place. I'm pretty sure it won't be that much of a problem to upload the original file again with the next update, so that we do not have to drive to fantasy cities. Thanks.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

23 Oct 2019 05:51

Any news regarding Germany. Can be found here: https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6164
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

ScuL
Founder

23 Oct 2019 08:38

Our Cologne is unaltered from the first release of the game, it's the same that SCS included since 2012. It could be possible that Cologne has changed in newer updates of the map, but I am not aware of that
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

phillrx91

23 Oct 2019 19:02

I'm playing the original Ets2 map for years now and Cologne always looked right there. Just in promods it somehow got messed up. Maybe there was an error when creating the map?
Bottom line is, that the way it's presented in Promods is simply wrong, while its fine in the SCS version of the game. I hope you can look into it anytime soon. After all we want to have a good simulation experience here.

ScuL
Founder

24 Oct 2019 00:30

It is on the list to be rebuilt so it will certainly be corrected one day
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

PHILL91RX

20 Dec 2020 13:56

Hey guys,

is there actually a date when Cologne will be fixed? Or are you waiting for game update 1.4?

Thanks!

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

20 Dec 2020 14:02

No, there's no date for that, as always it's ready when it's ready.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information