E6 Oslo-Trondheim feedback

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Gazer75
Donation rank:

20 Mar 2018 20:41

I've been away from ETS2 for a long time and came back to check some of the new stuff from you guys :D
The new stuff is amazing. The team has come a long way since the start :)

So on to the trip. The roads and the scenery is very well done as it is, but I feel there is to many trees in some places. The road go through "big" farm areas, especially south of Mjøsa, but also north of Lillehammer there could have been a bit more.

Should have at least one fully automatic toll point between Oslo and Hamar. IRL there is like 6 from Gardermoen to Hamar.
The speed limit in this area is also strange at only 70kmh. It is mostly 100-110kmh here. This might have been changed already in a future version for all I know :)

Driving north I could recognize where I was until I passed Lillehammer, then I got confused and somewhat lost.

2/3 of the E6 on the west side of Mjøsa is a 1+1 divided road with a 2km 2+2 just north of Biri.

North of Lillehammer it is also mostly 1+1 with small bits of 2+2 for overtaking. Only the tunnels are single tubes still as the traffic volume is not high enough yet.
This is only broken up between Øyer tunnel and Ringebu, but most of this stretch is planned to be upgraded.
I was expecting a mix of 1+2 divided for most of the stretch between Mjøsa bridge just north of Hamar and all the way to Otta.

Why was Fåvang was added as a scenery village instead of Vinstra? At Vinstra you've got what I believe is one of Norway largest truck stops.
Should also be a toll point somewhere south of Vinstra.

The hairpin turn at Dombås is a bit to sharp and will cause problems. I met an AI truck in that one and got stuck with a double trailer.

Going over Dovre didn't feel like it due to the dense vegetation and tall trees. At that elevation(+900m) it is mostly crooked birch trees at around 2-3m tall.
SCS did the same with E134 over Haukeli.

Hope I wasn't to harsh...As I said before what is there is very well done and for people not knowing the area I'm sure they like it.
For me it was a bit of a mixed bag. Slightly annoyed buy the speed limit south of Hamar, but still enjoyed it. Then I got a bit disappointed up to Otta and loved the rest ;)

CallumD714
Developer

21 Mar 2018 00:36

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. That's what happens when you are Canadian and only have access to 2010 streetview :P I didn't even know that norgeibilder.no existed, that should come in handy for the future.

Sometime after the rest of Norway is done I'd like to rebuild this segment, it was my very first work for ProMods (I made the bit between Oslo and Otta) and it feels dated to my standards.

Hopefully you'l enjoy Kristiansund, the E136, and other roads better in 2.3 ;)

-Callum

Gazer75
Donation rank:

21 Mar 2018 06:12

I think I mentioned norgeibilder.no, norgeskart.no and vegkart.no in the Barents Sea thread at some point.
The first two has english option by using the globe icon in top right corner next to the log in button.
norgeibilder.no also has a 3D view option that will help visualize the landscape for you ;)

vegkart.no is a visual map that can display data from the National Road DataBase, but it is all in Norwegian so you'll probably need help.
It can display a lot of information about the road surface, sign plates, speed limits and so on.

The hairpin turn at Dombås might be fine with a regular trailer. Problem is we only have one route in game.
IRL most, if not all, trucks not going to Møre og Romsdal county area uses national road 3 through Østerdalen.
It has like 300-400m less height to climb and thus cheaper for the trucks to drive.

I believe even going to Kristiansund from the Oslo area they would use rv3 and then rv70, but not sure if both E136 and the 70 would fit within the scale.
The 70 has the Sunndalsøra industrial town with the Hydro Aluminium plant. It employs around 700 workers of the estimated 4064 people living in the town :)

Anyone on the ProMods team working in Norway can contact me at any time if you want advice or information on a route.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

21 Mar 2018 09:56

The route between Trondheim and Otta was made by me, long before doubles were even a thing. It was therefore never designed to fit doubles, because at the time, they weren't available.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Gazer75
Donation rank:

21 Mar 2018 12:57

Oh I see... :)

CallumD714
Developer

24 Mar 2018 21:50

Yeah, due to scale constraints I wasn't able to fit both the Rv70 and the E136, the scale is really difficult with this part of Norway and I've had to cut down on what to include or not.

atanatar

09 Jun 2021 21:07

I have to confess something. I had no idea about the existence of ETS2 until some days ago. Within minutes after discovering there is a route from Oslo to Trondheim (and Stjørdal), I bought the game and downloaded the mods. This stretch of road is very well made! It is not perfect, but very close to it. I am located in Trondheim and know every bend of the roads between Oslo - Stjørdal. Both driving and biking them often.
Gazer75 wrote:
20 Mar 2018 20:41
Going over Dovre didn't feel like it due to the dense vegetation and tall trees. At that elevation(+900m) it is mostly crooked birch trees at around 2-3m tall.
I agree, and I would like to add the uphill coming from Oppdal into Dombås - that's a first. Dovre feels like a valley in the game, not the mountain it is.

CallumD714 wrote:
Sometime after the rest of Norway is done I'd like to rebuild this segment, it was my very first work for ProMods (I made the bit between Oslo and Otta) and it feels dated to my standards.
It's very well made - I am more than happy about it. Lillehammer and Strandtorget shopping centre is beautifully done. You even got the old part of the E6 west of todays E6 between Lillehammer and the bridge Mjøsbrua. The best part is that the AI is going high speed on that road, just like in real life - haha :)

CallumD714 wrote:
the E136
If there is one road in Norway I would like to see in this game, its the E136.

MandelSoft wrote:
21 Mar 2018 09:56
The route between Trondheim and Otta was made by me, long before doubles were even a thing. It was therefore never designed to fit doubles, because at the time, they weren't available.
Kudos. You have, in my mind, found many of the most important bends on this route and cut away the boring ones. I went from smile to smile the first time driving this stretch ingame and still am. Well done.

CallumD714 wrote:
24 Mar 2018 21:50
Yeah, due to scale constraints I wasn't able to fit both the Rv70 and the E136, the scale is really difficult with this part of Norway and I've had to cut down on what to include or not.
Wait, what? Is there more roads here I haven't seen? I am running the 1.40 of ETS2 and 2.55 of Promods. As mentioned, I am new here, but will try my best to catch up.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information