Traffic jams due to AI accidents

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
lechia44

03 Apr 2018 18:57

Hi all,

Often I encounter traffic accidents where two or more AI vehicles have spun out and are either blocking the road or off the road. This usually causes both lanes to be stuck without any movement. Will the cars eventually move or is it necessary to reload the game (to clear the mess up)? I have waited more than 5 mins, but nothing happens. If possible, I go off road to get around the mess.

Thank you

Josh0

03 Apr 2018 19:41

Sometimes the A.I. does get itself stuck after an accident and it can't recover. You can save the game and reload, the traffic will be automatically restarted. Or if you have the developer console enabled, you can set g_traffic to a different value than it is currently set, then set it back to the previous value (the default value is "1"):

Code: Select all

g_traffic 0
g_traffic 1
If you have developer mode enabled you can "teleport" (F9) past the accident using camera 0.

KyotoCarl
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2018 00:09

Yeah it can solve itself, but it will take more than 5 minutes. If you feel you can wait for 10-15 it will solve itself and you get a real "waiting in cue simulator", but, like josh0 said, you can just save and reload traffic will reset itself.
Traffic jams are a part of a simulator, even though the traffic jams that occur in ETS are really bugs and not a simulation.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information