Duplicate profile.sii to start all over again a new Promods profile

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
achilles_sibir

11 Aug 2018 16:17

Hi guys...
I've lost my one and only Promods profile,my bad...

Every time i wanted to start from scratch a brand new fresh profile for the map,just looking at the the huge undiscovered map,i was quitting the idea.

I found a method/suggestion to duplicate the progress of my profile and then use it in a new profile.If someone for example wants to try mods in a new profile but doesnt have the time to play all over again to gain his progress,or if someone needs a profile for multiplayer etc. etc.

I thought that this was a good idea for my case.To start a new profile with my current progress from my vanilla profile (80% map discovered,garages,XP,money,mods) then add Promods (save the profile in a number of usb sticks) and enjoy the map... :lol:

So,I edited my profile.sii in my new profile,then i've added promods,my map now is 35% discovered (normal),I took a job from Constanța to Rijeka (over 1200 km) without a problem,saved the game,exit,start all over again,everything looks good to me...

The only strange thing i've noticed is that in some citys like Luxembourg and Stockholm,in my vanilla profile these citys are discoverd 100% but when i am in Promods map they are half discoverd.I know that Stockholm is improved by Promods but Luxembourg?

-Do you know a different method to do the same thing?

-Do you think that i'll have problems in my future saves in Promods?

-Is the best method to install the map in a brand new fresh profile?

bmwGTR

11 Aug 2018 16:48

Hi,

Luxembourg was rebuilded by ProMods in Version 2.17.

In my opinion you will have not to start a new profile for ProMods, you can use your old vanilla profile.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

achilles_sibir

11 Aug 2018 19:34

Thanks for the information
That was my first thought,to activate Promods in my vanilla profile,but i want them to be in separated profiles.
I will see how it goes in the new profile...

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information