1.32 and Germany

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.

What to do with Germany in the next update

Poll ended at 26 Aug 2018 22:38

Use ProMods as a base and copy paste improved SCS areas
54%
Use SCS Germany as a base and copy paste old ProMods areas
27%
Overwrite all old ProMods content with the new SCS Germany
8%
Overwrite all new SCS Germany with ProMods content
12%

Total votes: 632
Nectaria Coutayar
Donation rank:

16 Aug 2018 11:48

Wouldn't it also feel like a lot of wasted time and effort if you would just take over SCS Germany when it launches, the whole ARP took years while it's actually really great. Meanwhile other regions are in more need of an overhaul than Germany.
lvl 209 - 912000km - Scania R730 - 61% map coverage

norguy

16 Aug 2018 16:03

MandelSoft wrote:
13 Aug 2018 12:01
For clarification: a wholesale replacement would only involve Northern Germany. We really don't want those curvy Autobahns back.
Perhaps a bit late now, but I guess it would have been a good idea to add clarifications like that to the first post - together with pros and cons with both alternatives ;)

I understand the poll is purely advisory, but it is not easy to give a good advice when I don't know the arguments. Perhaps I would have voted differently if I had more information.

Devilagent
Donation rank:

16 Aug 2018 22:14

Volleybal4life wrote:
16 Aug 2018 09:32
IMO ProMods Germany should be entirely replaced by SCS new Germany, and ProMods cities need to be updated and placed into the new Germany using the new assets and textures.
What about the roads, landscaping outside the cities? That also looks pretty unrealisic in SCS version..did you actually drive both versions? Are you only concerning new technics or also user experience that aim for the most realistic experience possible? Sure some assets are better by SCS but thats about it.

Most of us are fans of Promods for a reason, not only quantity. We enjoy the details that are created by some good mappers, don’t take that away from us, please. And besides, with so many old areas untouched because of no manpower, do you actually think any developer will rebuild everything again? No..so then we are stuck with the base version.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

16 Aug 2018 22:30

I did mean the cities, no the roads perse. They should be updated with the new vegetation and sort.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

brainiac
Donation rank:

16 Aug 2018 22:39

I am for replacing cities which are still vanilla in Promods, e.g. Rostock. I don't have opinion about Hamburg, as I didn't see SCS version.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

16 Aug 2018 23:25

Devilagent wrote:
16 Aug 2018 22:14
What about the roads, landscaping outside the cities? That also looks pretty unrealisic in SCS version..did you actually drive both versions?
Unrealistic, how exactly? Whatever areas may be unrealistic in SCS Germany can also be held against ProMods Germany in several areas. Have you inspected let's say Flensburg in ProMods and see that it's complete bonkers? Or that Bremen city itself basically still is an SCS city? That we actually replaced Rostock Port with SCS' version because our old port made no sense? Or that the Marschener Kreuz is not correct in both versions and not even close to the real design? Or that the BAB24 connects to the BAB1 where the BAB25 actually should connect? Or that most of the area on secondary roads around Osnabrück is pure fantasy work as well? Not everything that ProMods has is top notch, and especially the early ARP work is getting really old and it's not up to our current quality standards anymore...

Also, thanks for insulting my hard work in a country where there's next to no streetview available in rural areas (other sources were limited as well) where I had to do a large share alone and there was little time to get this all done. You're welcome!
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2018 01:01

Hi..

There must be compromises everywhere cause of that "little" scale. I know the maschener Kreuz connects in RL the A 1 with A39. Und further south is the Horster Dreieck that connects the A1 with A7

Would be cool to have it, but that would probably too big.
But it would be very nice if the cities as they are now in Promods are will come with updated graphics and models back in the new promods version. It was cool for example to have the port area driveable like it is untill now in 2.27and not only decoration like it seems in the new scs germany.. Especially your new Model of the Köhlbrandt Bridge is really awesome. Would be nice if it will be possible to drive over it again like in Promods..
It is quite impossible to built absolute realistic. That are we aware of.

But it would great if the cities we had so far in Promods germany will stay as well as such nice things like the A1/ E47 to Fehmarn and the Ferry to Danmark. Or so "little" Things like A 27 from Walsroder Dreieck to Bremen and Bremerhaven again and maybe as planed by promods in the past to Cuxhaven and from there over B73 back to Hamburg..
If such things or the Emden Addon will return to the "new germany" would be good. Or the Promods Berlin returns with the better graphics and such things.
I have nothing against your work. Only the cities in version 1.32 looks generic like they were in the old Germany. And Promods made the Cities really good.

And if I see what you did to London for example. I guess you will make such great work in Promods germany again, or not? At least at the long run..

For the solution how to deal now with promods and 1.32, hmm hard to say.

Is it possible to take part in the 1.32 beta temporarily and return to 1.31 without ruin my profiles? Maybe start a new one for this.?

Then I would take a look into your work.

Here in germany we have a saying "was der Bauer nicht kennt, das frisst er nicht!" translation : what the farmer does not know, he does not eat!

It is just the fear to unknown things and maybe the loss of really good things even if they are outdated.

If I had seen the new scs germany I could say what I like and what not.

Brainiac for example mentioned several times the issue with France. I can say nothing about it since I drive since promods 2.18 where the France DLC was already necessary. But he wrote that Promods France was supposed to be merged with the DLC. But then nothing happened. The DLC overwrote the promods France. And all the work from promods at France was lost except the south region to Spain.

And so some of us have fear that same would happen to Germany. New SCS Germany comes, overwrites Promods germany and all the good cities would be replaced with the simple generic looking ones and all the promods work get lost.

But if I see such things like The new London and so on I can hardly imagine that you're going to leave Germany...
So I am hoping you made a wise and right decision what to do now. I am looking forward to it.
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

loupdargent

17 Aug 2018 04:14

Seriously, SCS version is good, okay, it is not perfect but Mendelsoft have done the best he could do with the time and manpower SCS gave to him. Critiscism is easy, but art is difficult.
It 's a shame to see that some peaple can't see the work done here, and remind that this version is a HUGE improvement from the base map.

Don't confound work done under restrictions and pressure, and work done without any deadline like promods. We are lucky that actually a Promods developper works for SCS, because we can be sure it's more than a job for him, it's a passion, and that means more and more quality content in the future. But be careful, don't make him burn out.

That is what happens in my job (working in hospital), i got burnt out despite the fact i love my job, because of constent critiscism because work could'nt be 100 % done in time, i had to prioritise the most important because of the lack of manpower. So i know what Mendelsoft can feel now. Please, be respectful and comprehensive.

Thanks

Nectaria Coutayar
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2018 09:24

"Brainiac for example mentioned several times the issue with France. I can say nothing about it since I drive since promods 2.18 where the France DLC was already necessary. But he wrote that Promods France was supposed to be merged with the DLC. But then nothing happened. The DLC overwrote the promods France. And all the work from promods at France was lost except the south region to Spain.

And so some of us have fear that same would happen to Germany. New SCS Germany comes, overwrites Promods germany and all the good cities would be replaced with the simple generic looking ones and all the promods work get lost."

This is indeed my worry as well. I hope ProMods does it what it does best, and that is to make sure the experience is an enhancement and not just copy-paste new stuff.
lvl 209 - 912000km - Scania R730 - 61% map coverage

Johnny_91
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2018 10:43

I would say overwrite the new SCS germany map for now and work with full manpower behind the scenes on a new promods one, till SCS has revisited the whole germany map. After SCS has released the last part of germany in lets say patch 1.37, work again a few months or sow on the last part and then "boom" release the new promods version with promods rebuild of germany.

Yeah its a ton of work, but we still can enjoy all those new features SCS gives us in their patches, without driving trough an half as*** south germany. At the end the hard work gonna pay of and we can again enjoy the awesome quality of Promods.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information