1.32 and Germany

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.

What to do with Germany in the next update

Poll ended at 26 Aug 2018 22:38

Use ProMods as a base and copy paste improved SCS areas
54%
Use SCS Germany as a base and copy paste old ProMods areas
27%
Overwrite all old ProMods content with the new SCS Germany
8%
Overwrite all new SCS Germany with ProMods content
12%

Total votes: 632
Henter

24 Aug 2018 17:00

cjh2705 wrote:
22 Aug 2018 16:25
Topolino wrote:
19 Aug 2018 14:17
I hope ProMods will at least keep their cities because SCS's cities are still not good.
I agree with you 100%. Compare SCS Leipzig and ProMods Leipzig. You absolutely don't have to tell me. I can picture it well!(including Leipzig Halle Airport where is not in SCS :D)
I agree. The cities on SCS Germany are not very good...The only thing SCS did a fine job on, would be the textures & environments.
FYI - On SCS Forum, I am known as "Ways71"

sofaheld

24 Aug 2018 17:25

Some Autobahnparts by scs are also great, cities by promods are also great.
May get scs new autobahn in promods,keep cities and some roads not available at vanilla map

Terg500

25 Aug 2018 18:13

Been a while since I've been here, but I vote to keep the PM version and improve that with SCS stuff if necessary. Even though it's old it is still miles ahead of SCS' rushed "Had to be done in 5 months with limited assets and manpower" version. While some things are better in the new SCS version like the improved BAB 31 and BAB 28 (both close to my home) that now include Kreuz Oldenburg West (drive that every Friday IRL) and a more real representation of the Emstunnel, a lot of the new areas just don't look German enough to me and are just rushed, while the PM version does. If you completely replace that with the SCS schlock I really have no reason to return to ETS2 from ATS. Thanks.

And just leaving this here to further prove the utter lazyness that went into the job, I'm really disappointed in the official rebuild:
https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=235&t=259201

Tommy123
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2018 16:40

I wonder what will happen when Baltics come out? Overwrite these aswell?

CptCaribbean

26 Aug 2018 17:25

Yes.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2018 17:58

Thinking on that, I ask myself why promods add new cities at the Baltic if the new DLC would overwrite them anyway..?
Or do they know that this new cities would not overwrite the promods stuff?

Maybe Mandel soft knows about what promods can do although the DLC came up...
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

EdgeGladiator

26 Aug 2018 19:12

Because these cities were realized before the launch and announcement of DLC Baltics. After, as these cities are new, I think they will stay in ProMods even with DLC Baltics (if they are not included in the DLC).
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2018 21:25

Hi again,

so i took part in the open beta, to have a look on the new SCS Germany.

At first i have to say very well done Mandelsoft ! Therefore that only you and four or five other did that job as qiuck as possible, it looks very well done. Real good quality !

But unfortunately some things are still wrong in my eyes, so there are parts that are very great for me, and parts i don´t like really.

And therefore my oppinion stays at the first chose, to take Promods as a base and put in SCS parts that are better or fit in otherwise.

The "Dreieck Stuhr" at Bremen for example looks quite very nice built. And the wohle new Autobahns overall are quite nice !

Let me show you some things:

Hahaha that´s funny ! (Oldenburg from the other nondriveable site) Tell this to the people that live in Oldenburg !! I guess it is no longer a good idea to go to Oldenburg hahaha..

By the way, you have oldenburg only as a szenery at the map ! That looks great. Maybe you can put this on promods too. Maybe let the Autobahn sraight ahead leading a little further with one driveable exit. With a gas station, a restingplace, and maybe one company to deliver. An voi la we have Oldenburg at Promods !! just an idea

I like this entries / exits from the Autonbahn a lot. especially the white plates with the red arrows and the no entry signs on the left...

That longer lanes to the exit or at the entry looks more realistic as in promods. if possible change all promods Exits to SCS Exits !

There is one thing i am really missing as well on old and new SCS Autobahns and on Promods Autobahns too.
In the middle of the green triangle are mostly emergency phones for calling help in case of accident or if your car or truck is broken and you can´t drive further and you have no cellphone at hand. I don´t know the english name for it, in germany we call them "Notrufsäule"

It looks like this:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/File: ... schild.jpg

Edit. : I saw it on the Wikipedia site. In English they're named callboxes.

There were to find as written at the middle between the exit/entry right near the lane.

By the way, at the netherands they look like this:

https://www.buurtaal.de/blog/praatpaal- ... trufsaeule

But according to this website they removed the praatpaals in order that they are outdated.

ok let´s go ahead:

Hamburg: I already recommended, use the new Elbtunnel and the new Köhlbrandbrücke for next Promodsversions ! But there is more at the Hamburger Hafen:

This for example could be made as a inofficial restingplace.

And this container terminal on the other side of the A7 has blown me away ! it looks huge.. and very nice detailed !
My recommendation to this is: Make it driveable and as a point where to deliver or to get containers ! there is no better place for such freights in whole germany !!!!

to reach this area you have to built a underpass at the picture the road that leads straight aheadm there is in RL a underpass which makes a turn to left. You could do the same in order to reach the terminal !

The area north of the Elbtunnel looks fine too. More trees and bushes along the road, like in RL, that´s great.

Here the exit Othmarschen from above:

put this also in Promods and make it useable again to reach my garage in the city!

https://i.imglol.de/ets2_20180823_002450_00d5b37sgv.png

The Köhlbrandbridge in the early morning, just beautyful:

These Streetsignbridges with catwalks looks very nice.. put them on Promods too !
As well as the high energy conduits in the background.

Now a few things i don´t like. The landscape is not that hilly thing it was once, but unfortunately still too much hills and rocks !!! Thrust me in north germany we have no rocky landscapes! Especially at the smaller roads or Bundesstraßen there are several high hills and rocks in the landscape.

This screenshots were taken on road betwenn Berlin and Hamburg or between Magdeburg and Hamburg. Please Correct me if i am wrong now, but such rocky walls are not typically landscapes in northern germany. don´t understand me wrong, the are looking fantastic, and if you put them in the middle or southern parts of germany where big hills and mountains are common they would fit very well in there. But unfortunately not in our flat northern area.

And last but not least,

some roadsigns especially that with the city names are way too small. As this for example. And there are no kilometer distances written on.

They look rather like this

http://deacademic.com/pictures/dewiki/8 ... weiser.jpg

Anothert example here, this is too small too:

And the City name signs are too small too:

rather like this:

http://www.firmendb.de/schilder/bremen_bremen.php

And i miss the A 27 with Dreieck Walsrode. I know that is a purly promods thing. But driving from Bremen to Hamburg is a very short trip. I come from Bremen directly on A 1, after short driving comes Rasthof Ostetal (there was a missspelling on the sign "Osethal" that´s wrong, but i mean there is already a fix for this. Anyway, if i passed Ostetal suddenly Maschener Kreuz shows up and i am at Hamburg..

In Promods i have to leave Bremen over A27, take Bremer Kreuz, A 1, drive a longer while, Rasthof Ostetal passes, driving a longer while again, then maschener Kreuz shows up... I think in Promods Hamburg lays a little more south east to what is in the vanilla map. This and the fact i have to change to A27 to get to Bremen makes the trip longer. at least it feels for me so.

So i say let Promods be Promods in Germany, take the new Stuff and put it in where it fits, but let the flat landscape as it is, give it the new textures as well as the new Autobahns, change some old and ugly buildings in the cities to the newer models and everything would looking fresh and new even on Promods germany.

After this go ahead with the things that were planed for germany before, add new cities and new Autobahns but Bundesstraßen with smaller towns or villages too. even if they are only szenery, but this were more realistic as setting big hills and rocks in north germany.

So that is what i feel about..

Again, the new SCS germany looks great, has great roads but there is potencial for doing better by using Promods as a base and go ahead with your awesome work what is done sofar !!!!

kindly regards from north germany !!
MG Mike

MG Mike
Donation rank:

17 Sep 2018 14:29

So.. It has come.. 1.32 is out and my game is updating... Just to be going to downgrade by me....
To keep Promods compatibility

But know comes the question:

What will he Promods team do with scs germany in order to make the next compatibility update for 1.32 with PM 2.30...?

I still hope for the most what we have voted. Any additional improvement to the German cities in order to make the promods cities more better than before is welcome of course.. But please no German vanilla cities at promods..

But i think this was said many times enough..

It would only be good to know what the team has decided..

bmwGTR

17 Sep 2018 14:31

Hi,

we will release 2.31 for 1.32 (where ProMods Germany replaces completely SCS Germany).
After merging SCS Germany with ProMods Germany we will release 2.32/2.35.

ProMods Germany will not stay completely, parts of it will be replaced by SCS Germany.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information