How do I reduce or increase traffic density of specific countries?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Audi1merc2
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2018 15:37

I want to reduce traffic levels for some more isolated countries, like Svalbard, Iceland (ProMods) and Kazakhstan (The Great Steppe), I can't find it in the code so can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Omicron
Developer

03 Sep 2018 16:20

Unsure of how to do it for each country (if that is possible); however, to change it, press ` (key next to "1") on your keyboard and enter:

Code: Select all

uset g_traffic "2"
You can change the number from 1 - 10.
Note: Increasing the number from 1 causes more excessive amounts of police cars to spawn.
Developer since 2.56
Éirinn go Brách!

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2018 16:30

you can´t reduce simply the traffic for a hole country or region, maybe in the map editor.
what you can do is a own mod where you must edit for every single vehicle the spawn for every country.
but if you ask me, forget it. that's a lot of work, and i can´t give a guarantee that it will work well.

increase the traffic via uset g_traffic is not a good idea. the spawn will be not balanced. better use a traffic mod.
No Support via PM!

Audi1merc2
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2018 19:12

Ok, thanks anyway

Omicron
Developer

03 Sep 2018 19:27

Audi1merc2
I forgot to mention that AI spawn is quite unbalanced, thanks Rudi Raser. Anyway, Dumbfounded Polymath (DP) created an excellent mod which
not only increases the density of the traffic but also changes its behaviour to create a busier and more fluid experience.
I used it and I highly recommend it. It's available on the Steam Workshop (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =714317786).
Developer since 2.56
Éirinn go Brách!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information