Police cars in ProMods

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Omicron
Developer

07 Sep 2018 20:20

In the future, will ProMods add/replace police cars in certain countries? In Latvia, Cyprus and Macedonia, the police cars aren't from SCS' vehicles, but rather from Jazzycat's AI traffic pack (Skoda Yeti, Mitsubishi Pajero and Opel/Vauxhall Insignia). So, I was thinking that perhaps you could add some new ones more commonly found?

Information: Police cars listed below are based on police cars commonly found through internet searches (if some are wrong, let me know). Links are added to cars where searching one car alone will bring up other versions. Cars in blue indicate that the car is available as an SCS vehicle. Cars in green indicate that the car is available on Jazzycat's AI Traffic Pack. Cars in red indicate the car is neither an SCS vehicle nor part of Jazzycat's AI Traffic Pack.
The Opel Astra H was a good choice out of available SCS models, but the Astra G is more common.

• Finland - Current: Ford Mondeo Mk Ⅳ Add: Ford Mondeo Mk Ⅲ
Not necessary. Jazzycat uses the Mondeo Mk Ⅳ in his traffic pack as a police car in Finland.

• Hungary - Current: Ford Focus (2009) & Skoda Octavia (2009) Add/Replace Ford Focus: Opel Astra H
Ford Focus is uncommon/not used in Hungary.

• Ireland - Current: Ford Mondeo Mk Ⅳ Add/Replace: Hyundai i40
Not necessary. The Ford Mondeo was a good choice as they can be found in Ireland, however Hyundai i40's are seen more often.

• Luxembourg - Current: Volkswagen (Passat) CC Add/Replace: Audi Q7/BMW X5 F15
The Volkswagen CC is uncommon/not used in Luxembourg. It was probably used as a substitute for the Volkswagen Passat (2006), which is more common.

• Norway - Current: Volkswagen (Passat) CC (2008) & Volkswagen Passat Variant (2015) Add/Replace: BMW X5 F15/Mercedes-Benz Vito (2003)
The Volkswagen CC is not used in Norway. SCS recently added the Volkswagen Passat Variant (2015), probably used as a substitute for the more common Passat Variant (2010). The Mercedes-Benz Vito is available in Jazzycat's Traffic Pack and is used as a police car when the mod is added.

• Spain - Current: Peugeot 407 (Guardia Civil) Add/Replace: Peugeot 159/Peugeot 307/Peugeot 308 (First Gen) (Guardia Civil)
    Citroën Xsara Picasso/Seat Altea (Policía Nacional)
  • Switzerland - Current: BMW 5-Series E60 Add/Replace: Skoda Octavia (2009)
  • United Kingdom - Current: Jaguar XF Add/Replace: BMW 5-Series E60/Opel Astra/BMW X5 F15
The Jaguar XF was a good choice out of available SCS car models, but is rarely seen in the UK.

I understand if you won't be able to replace police cars with others. Feel free to add other countries (I felt like the countries listed above were the most important).
Last edited by Omicron on 24 Feb 2019 14:17, edited 3 times in total.
Developer since 2.56
Éirinn go Brách!

IvanGF14
Developer

07 Sep 2018 23:36

You are actually wrong on Spain, the 407 (not 208 ;) ) fits way better than a C4 Picasso, which is mainly used by other polices (GC have a very few) A better car would be the 159 or the 307/first gen 308

Omicron
Developer

08 Sep 2018 21:36

IvanGF14

Edited the post to include your correction. However, I will need a link to whichever Peugeot 159 you mean, as several other versions came up too.
Developer since 2.56
Éirinn go Brách!

Dejf94

21 Dec 2018 21:06

Well, in fact, I can't agree with your request. It's way easier for Promods to use SCS cars if possible I guess. But I gotta react to your requests:

1. Bulgaria is chosen properly, Astra G is common there, but SCS Astra H is the closest possible. Actually, they have some Astra H in their fleet too.
2. Estonia is now reality - Superb III is already part of police fleet there and SCS chose it properly. Octavia was good choice even before. Astra H as the Etonian police cruiser is from Jazzycat, not Promods.
3. Finland - Mondeo III is from Jazzy, not Promods. SCS Volkswagen T6 has no personal version.
4. Hungary - Agree
5. Ireland - Mondeo is good choice, IRL police has many of them. i40 is not necessary.
6. Liechtenstein - Not necessary, but OK.
7. Luxembourg - X5 2015 from Jazzy would be better than Q7.
8. Slovenia - Total disagreement. I never saw Superb as the police car there and I even didn't find any photo of it on Google. Megane is good choice in available vehicle models.
9. Spain - 407 is good choice, but Xsara Picasso or C8 from Jazzy would be good addon for Guardia Civil Trafico. I would rather see national police in Seat Altea (Jazzy) instead.
10. Switzerland - as addon, yes. Not necessary to replace.
11. UK - a bit agreement, but I would rather see Focus III or BMW X5 from Jazzy :)

Omicron
Developer

21 Dec 2018 22:56

Dejf94

Thanks for your opinion! From your post:
  • Estonia is now removed from the list.
  • Finland was corrected.
  • Liechtenstein was removed from the list.
  • BMW X5 F15 was added to Luxembourg.
  • Added Citroën Xsara Picasso and Seat Altea to Spain.
  • Slovenia's replacement was incorrect - what I meant was the Škoda Octavia Mk3 Estate (now corrected).
  • Added BMW X5 to the UK.
But for others I disagree with you:
  • With a Google Search, the Opel Astra G is the most common (but I had said Sedan instead of G). It will remain the same unless someone else agrees with you.
  • Ireland has a lot of Hyundai i40's roaming around (as Cór Tráchta/Traffic Corps or as ordinary police cars) but the Ford Mondeo wasn't a bad choice.
  • I couldn't find Switzerland's current BMW 5-Series E60 as a police car on Google. Again, it remains the same unless someone disagrees.
In summary, the majority of your requests were added. The ones in which I disagree will stay as they are unless someone agrees with you. Again, thank you very much! :D
Developer since 2.56
Éirinn go Brách!

Dejf94

22 Feb 2019 19:48

I studied a bit in Jazzycat's pack , and I gotta make changes in my suggestions.
UK - BMW X5 2015 is not usable - it does not have a variant with the steering on the right. Usable are BMW X5 F10 (sedan) or older BMW X5 2009, or Ford Focus III, for example, which all spawn correctly in UK.

Bulgaria - I still think that Astra H is the best choice among AVAILABLE vehicle models, whichever you mean, by SCS or by Jazzycat. I guess Promods team does not have time to search for Astra G model and spend weeks trying to convert it. Yes, Jazzycat has Astra G, but estate version (Caravan), and I didn't saw any in Bulgaria police cars fleet.

Ireland - i40 is the same thing like the Astra G you're suggesting. Plus there may be troubles with the steering on the proper side, like with the X5 above. But that's the same problem among all red car suggestions.

FredrikBEast

23 Feb 2019 18:03

Norway - The Wolkswagen sedans that you can see in ETS doesn't exist in real life. The Norwegian police uses mostly Wolkswagen Passat, Mercedes Vito and BMW x5
Best regards,
Fred

Omicron
Developer

24 Feb 2019 14:47

Dejf94

The steering on the right side may be a problem, but I'm sure that it can be done. Cyprus is like the UK in many ways, with their traffic lights, driving on the left and their steering on the right. This must mean that the Mitsubishi Pajero has their steering on the right in the police car too, which also means that it can't be a major problem switching.
Dejf94 wrote:
22 Feb 2019 19:48
I still think that Astra H is the best choice among AVAILABLE vehicle models
All the police cars chosen for each country are good choices, and the Astra G in Bulgaria is one of those choices. It's just that the Astra H is either not used or is uncommon.

FrederikBEast

Added to the list. :D
Developer since 2.56
Éirinn go Brách!

Dejf94

25 Jul 2019 17:23

Aaand I have one more suggestion :) Now for Hungary - Jazzycat added Mercedes-Benz B-Class, which became very common in Hungary among police cars and should be added :)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information