some help pls.

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Rowddy
Donation rank:

23 Sep 2018 18:51

hi everyone have been away for a long time but now it's time to pick up where i left. But i have a question i saw that my game was updated to V2.3(something must be the latetst version anyway but and this is maybe a stupid question but where do i dowload it? i made a link longtime ago from the download site but that seems to be an old version. can spmeone pls give me a link to right place?

Txs in advance Rowddy.
Last edited by Rowddy on 23 Sep 2018 18:58, edited 1 time in total.

Noah_Lukas

23 Sep 2018 18:58

Here is the line: https://www.promods.net/setup.php
You can find it on the very top

Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Rowddy
Donation rank:

23 Sep 2018 19:08

thank you for the swift responses :) but V2.1.31 isn't the latest version is it? my Game says i have V1.32.3s 64-bit. I am a bit confused what is the correct last version now lol

Vøytek
Developer

23 Sep 2018 19:09

You need to downgrade to 1.31 on Steam to use latest version of ProMods, which is 2.30.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Rowddy
Donation rank:

23 Sep 2018 19:15

ah ok.. so you guys are still working on the latest versionthen i asume.. I think i will wait till that comes availeble then since it is for me quit a job to do the upgrades i'll rather wait onyou guys for the latest version of the game.

Txs Rowddy

Noah_Lukas

23 Sep 2018 19:21

That's not a big problem, just go into your ETS2 properties and use the 1.31 option in the betas section. ;)

Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Rowddy
Donation rank:

24 Sep 2018 15:42

well it kinda is.. my ProMods is about 1,5 years old :( so if i update now then i have to do soon again for the latest version (or will it take months before it comes out?). And i Always found updating very confusing because the folders in your MODs map don't Always have the same name as the previous version (or at least it used to be like that). Tha's why i rather wait and because i am realy interested in the latest trailerpatch. I Always used to download with the paid version if that makes a fifference regarding the folders in MODSfolder but i don't it mathers how you download the downloaded stuff should be identical no?

Regards Rowddy.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

24 Sep 2018 16:02

Rowddy wrote:
well it kinda is.. my ProMods is about 1,5 years old
I am not sure what you mean by this. But in any case, what difference does this make?
Rowddy wrote:
so if i update now then i have to do soon again for the latest version
Well, if you downgrade your game to 1.31 in Steam, you can choose to upgrade back to 1.32 any time you wish, so you don't have to do it again "soon".
Rowddy wrote:
or will it take months before it comes out?
As always, we cannot give any timeframe (but testing is underway).
Rowddy wrote:
And i Always found updating very confusing because the folders in your MODs map don't Always have the same name as the previous version (or at least it used to be like that).
I cannot speak for how it used to be years ago, but at least for the past year or so, the ProMods archives you are to put in your mod folder will of course not have exactly the same file names, but the only thing generally changing in the names should be the versioning. But again, I am not sure what difference this makes; when you upgrade manually-installed mods, you can simply remove the old archives from the mod folder and move the new ones there. In the mod manager in-game, you do the same thing: remove the old packages (which should now be marked as incompatible) and add the new packages in the same places.
Rowddy wrote:
and because i am realy interested in the latest trailerpatch
Well, that's a different thing, of course. If you want to play with ownable trailers and the Krone DLC, you'll have to play on 1.32 (and wait for a compatible version of ProMods). Feel free to do so!
Rowddy wrote:
I Always used to download with the paid version if that makes a fifference regarding the folders in MODSfolder but i don't it mathers how you download the downloaded stuff should be identical no?
You receive the exact same packages to put in the mod folder and activate in the mod manager whether you use the paid single-part download or the free multi-part download.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Rowddy
Donation rank:

25 Sep 2018 13:45

I am not sure what you mean by this. But in any case, what difference does this make? >>>>>> I ment that i have not updated ProMods in 1,5 years (unfortunally).

I cannot speak for how it used to be years ago, but at least for the past year or so, the ProMods archives you are to put in your mod folder will of course not have exactly the same file names, but the only thing generally changing in the names should be the versioning. But again, I am not sure what difference this makes; when you upgrade manually-installed mods, you can simply remove the old archives from the mod folder and move the new ones there. In the mod manager in-game, you do the same thing: remove the old packages (which should now be marked as incompatible) and add the new packages in the same places. >>>>>> I dowload the paid version so i have 1 file and not all the loose download that you must put in a folder yourself. but is there also an download file that installs automaticly in the correct places and order?

sorry i have been to long away from games :( EL work cought up with me and now i got some more free time again. so sorry for all the questions before.

Regards Rowddy

zyprexia

25 Sep 2018 15:32

Actually, because the PM files contains the version number inside them, you normally need to replace all the PM modules in your ETS2 mods profile.
I have a simple script that removes the version number from the files and than it's just a matter of copy and paste the files into the mods folder to 'install' the new version. No editing of the ETS2 profile needed.

When I'm at home, I upload the PowerShell script to pastebin and paste a link here.
Please note that my script assumes, you also always the PM addons every time like the companies & trailer DLC.
System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4800Mhz, 48GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, RTX2060, HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information