ProMods and ETS2 1.32 potential issues

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Cipus
Donation rank:

28 Sep 2018 14:36

The migration to 1.32 seems to create a lot of issues due to apparently some errors in some scs new prefabs generating CTD in 1.32 due to a possible memory leak, but also in FLD's prefabs used massively in ProMods. this information came to me from a friend programmer who is also in contact with mjack from the scs team. as a personal experience, the issues are real in ATS 1.32 but the cause is yet unknown
I would like to know if the ProMods team is aware about these possible issues because I found that there is already a beta version ongoing for ProMods beta users.
P.S. It was a great idea to have released 2.30 for 1.31 because if the issues are real, I am very happy to stay in 1.31 where everything goes perfectly ;)
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

28 Sep 2018 15:44

Yes, we know about it and it'll definitly be fixed for ProMods 2.31
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

ScuL
Founder

28 Sep 2018 22:22

There are many more issues which the average user does not know about such as cargoes and trailers. It has all taken quite a long time to fix all "hiccups".
We are getting closer though.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

keem85
Donation rank:

29 Sep 2018 13:45

i dont understand scs' need for messing up compatibility all the time. why fix things that aint broke?

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

29 Sep 2018 13:57

that's called progress for the future. for example, do you want stay forever with DX9? your PC software is still Windows XP?
No Support via PM!

keem85
Donation rank:

29 Sep 2018 14:14

they're still on old engine. these are not huge upgrades, like you're referring to.

SpiritoftheLion

29 Sep 2018 14:19

they might be on old engine but they are also upgrading their engine step by step, we might not notice it for now but it takes more then the eye can see.
Also for future they are already working on things to expand the possibility that for instance they release at some point more countries in DLC that users that are running on a "potato" can still play the game.
I realize eventually the people playing the game will have to upgrade or renew their PC for something not as old and outdated. But not everyone is in a fortunate position to do that every month or every year or every few years.

Everything SCS does is for the future of the game and the players. Who knows what surprises they will add that they are working on or making a start with.

It is a challenge to keep the game up to date with newest technologies step by step without risking to loose ones who do not have such technologies.

Vøytek
Developer

29 Sep 2018 14:56

It's not possible to just change the DirectX version this engine supports. It's being improved all the time, while some part of SCS team probably works on a new engine.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Cipus
Donation rank:

29 Sep 2018 16:53

having some replies form Max (scs team) and after I tested myself in ATS, it seems that lots of Ai models in traffic generate a game crash due to out of vertex buffer segments but only in some places, respectively on newer part of the maps, while in old parts (San Francisco) there are absolutely no issues. this applies also to ETS2, new areas (DLC Italy, new Germany)
this is a brand new issue totally linked to 1.32 update, I am pro progress but this nasty bug don't let me think updating my ETS2 yet, hopefully will be solved in one of the next game updates before 1.33 :lol:

so my recommendation for beta testers is to test ProMods in 1.32 with high traffic density and some more Ai traffic packs (like jazzycat Ai and trucks packs, painted trucks) only in this way you will identify possible areas with issues
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

keem85
Donation rank:

29 Sep 2018 16:56

It's not possible to just change the DirectX version this engine supports. It's being improved all the time, while some part of SCS team probably works on a new engine.
Yeah I hope that's the case. Maybe they'll get some performance improvements over time. More usable for VR.. But I was referring to small incremental updates from SCS.. To me it seems that Promods and other mods gets messed up from every little update SCS do. But I'm not allowed to speak, since I'm not a coder myself. But I'm having hard time figuring out how they manage to break every little ting with every update release they have. Kinda feel bad for the promods guys that always have to keep up with them :)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information