Main focus of the map

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
SturmZebra
Donation rank:

03 Oct 2018 18:21

Dear ProMods team,
I have got a question concerning the focus of the map: Wouldn't you rather want to focus on rebuilding?

Alright, I'll explain.
There are a lot of areas you built that have been built by SCS afterwards like Scandinavia, France and now the Baltics. Long term, I think this will happen with the Balkans as well as other areas like Spain and Ireland.
I can understand the frustration and I think one developer even left the team, right?
So to minimize frustration, wouldn't you guys like to rebuild more?
Favourite games: Rainbow Six: Siege, ETS2, Terraria

IvanGF14
Developer

03 Oct 2018 18:50

Well, i personally dont care if SCS develops on an area I am working on, since i know if i want to, i can bring it back and merge it with the SCS work, + a lot of new assets will be avaliable, so that brings us an oportunity to make things better. And at the end, it's experience that you gain to do things better and better

EdgeGladiator

10 Oct 2018 12:52

SturmZebra wrote:
03 Oct 2018 18:21
There are a lot of areas you built that have been built by SCS afterwards like Scandinavia, France and now the Baltics. Long term, I think this will happen with the Balkans as well as other areas like Spain and Ireland.
I can understand the frustration and I think one developer even left the team, right?
So to minimize frustration, wouldn't you guys like to rebuild more?
If the DLC comes in 5 years or 6 years then you will wait 5 or 6 years before seeing this country... in any case not me. And the DLCs are rarely better than the existing area (unless the existing area is really old) so I prefer to enjoy in a very very good addition rather than waiting for a DLC that will probably be worse. ;)
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Shiva

11 Oct 2018 08:57

EdgeGladiator, DLC's probably worse?!

SturmZebra, 2 of the mappers from ProMods have got work at SCS, so showing skills = possible to get a nice work. Not that bad, right?

And as IvanGF14 said:
And at the end, it's experience that you gain to do things better and better
I think some things have gone like this:
SCS does a map
ProMods improves it.
SCS, nice, we can do even better.
ProMods finds new stuff to improve.
SCS gets even better.
etc etc...
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

EG0611

11 Oct 2018 09:16

This is how major highway systems are like in IRL. You see, there are always an endless rebuild, repairs, improvements on highway systems because time flies and things change fast, especially on roads.
Shiva wrote:
SCS does a map
ProMods improves it.
SCS, nice, we can do even better.
ProMods finds new stuff to improve.
SCS gets even better.
etc etc...
There is always somebody who think he can do better. For example someone in Promods can say "hmm I would add that XYZ intersection on Rebuilded Germany in order to add realism". And then SCS can add the same junction to his map and then that person can say "Hmm SCS din't add that detail, let me add it" and so on and so on and so on...

This cycle will never end until either SCS or Promods end its existence, or WW3 happens :twisted:

EdgeGladiator

11 Oct 2018 14:31

Shiva wrote:
EdgeGladiator, DLC's probably worse?!
I say that, for example, if there is a DLC from the Balkans or from Ireland or Spain, it will be worse than those countries currently in ProMods.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information