FPS drops mainly SCS DLC/SCS Rebuild area's in ProMods

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
SpiritoftheLion

28 Oct 2018 15:37

The title says it all : FPS drops mainly SCS DLC/SCS Rebuild area's in ProMods

I only use ProMods and the TCP mod and have FPS issues in certain parts, mainly the DLC's in Promods to be honest.
So no other mods are involved.

I did use mods when I walked into the issue on regular base, but restarted on clean new profile with only Promods and TCP to find out if mods are causing the FPS drops on my end, I wish i could say yes it were mods, i hate to say it, some mods actually helped to have less FPS drop with them enabled then without them, thought the FPS drops stayed.

Still tough as i am I decided to stay outside Promods and TCP in that profile to leave the rest out and compare with modded Promods profile and unmodded Promods profile.
In both the issues FPS drops remain, in the modded one little less but not enough to stop the freezes or the slowmotion views on certain points.

Tried settings on low, medium high, ultra and combination of it.
Tried scaling 100%, 200% 300% 400% and every option in between combined with all other options you can adjust for the graphics.

Searched on this forum for all kinds of recommended settings what to turn of and on and even tried all of those and cmbinations of it.
Also looked on SCS forum for things to try, which i did as well and still the FPS drops remains and causing it to give view like it is in slowmotion or it freezes short.

Have messed with the page_size and some other stuff related to buffering by increasing the numbers, stuff recommended for low end PC's on SCS forum and also that doesn't improve the FPS drops.
Issue remains that there is FPS drop for me in Scandinavian part of ProMods, Rebuild Germany, Italy and France.
Also when running ProMods it seems to hit my fans hard, my GPU never kicks in with any game i play except when i run Promods profile.
So i use ProMods to see if my GPU still work :lol:

And i doubt my potato PC is to weak :
CPU AMD Ryzen 1700X,
Graphics Card GTX1070 8GB Gaming Edition,
16GB RAM 2666Ghz (2x8GB) in hypertrading mode
500GB SSD
1TB SATA HDD
640GB SATA HDD and
850watt PSU

I just accepted it is not my end or mods (only promods and tcp mod) that causes it.
For what it is worth on vanilla map no issues like this at all, with and without mods. No FPS drops what so ever and no fans kicking in from the GPU.

So I am puzzled and hope maybe in time ProMods will have those issues less once SCS updates from DX9 to DX11-12 with their engine.

Yes the FPS drops is annoying but still ProMods offers things that vanilla doesn't so I just love with it ;)
Even if my GPU is making noise from hell, i just crank up the music volume :lol:

But is there anything else that I can do or try to have less FPS drops in mentioned parts in ProMods?

TheNuvolari

28 Oct 2018 16:14

Hi PitbullSpirit,

Is the problem present since you are using 2.31? Have you tried to use Vertical Sync through Nvidia Inspector? Some people recommend that over the Vertical Sync of the game. It could help you remove the stuttering.

SpiritoftheLion

28 Oct 2018 18:50

I noticed the issues little bit in 2.30 but they became worse in 2.31. Worse in the sense of I can still play it but looks like i have settings wrong for few seconds when it has the issues.

Yes i forgot to mention also tried with Nvidia Inspector the all mentioned combo's and playing with Inspector settings all give same result or even worse.
Still messingwith it after long time not doing it.

Everything is updated to latest version drivers, also the Bios.
Running Win 10 64bit fall creators update.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information