Crashes while I am in the modmanager

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
MG Mike
Donation rank:

04 Nov 2018 01:09

Hello,

Since a few days probably a week I have crashes while I am in the mod manager.
Even if there are no mods activated, some scrolling through the mods and bang ctd.

Or if there are mods active and I scroll and change the load order, bang... Ctd..

I had such issues never before. I play since a good year, but never had crashed at the mod manager..

Has anyone this too or knows why this appears?
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

04 Nov 2018 08:43

Could you please show us your game.log?
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MG Mike
Donation rank:

04 Nov 2018 18:29

Yeah,

this is a fresh Gamelog from this evening.

there is no error at the end. I had during the last time crashes cause i had forgotten to update several single mods.
Now they are all up to date and with many crahes while bringing the mods to their load order, now the gameplay itself works.
Have driven several hundrets of kilometers without crash.

Only beeing at the modmanager crashes my ETS2 now.. strange issue to me ??!!

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

05 Nov 2018 08:49

So loading a profile works, but the mod manager still crashes?

If so, try to remove mods you don't want to use from your mod folder. You are loading quite a few mods..
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MG Mike
Donation rank:

05 Nov 2018 12:42

Yeah. My collection is not small indeed

Is there a generell limitation of the size how big should the mod folder max be?
At the SCS Forum or ETS2. Lt there are tons of mods availible. I use some map mods for Europe, some trucks, not all Brands, but those I like to drive, Addons for bdf to them, some Trailers and at last graphic and sound mods.

And mostly they are the same mods as half a year before. But the mod folder does not only grow because of more mods, it grows because the updates and new versions of maps and trucks or trailer gets bigger too.

So there would be the question how many mods are possible? Mimy folder is around 30 GB. I've read from other who have a quite bigger collection up to 60 FB of mods.. Which were even for me a huge number.
My collection now is as good as I think of it.
And profiles now are loading without crashes too. Gameplay was without crashes too all the last weekend.
End yesterday later evening there were no crashes at the manager. I updated another Profil and sorted the mods and there were no crashes..

Additional issue:
I use different profiles and different mods on them
Example: one with promods and all recommended, another with EAA Map standalone, a further with Heilbronn map, and one promods profile with promods TCP, another with promods but another company mod and with hard economy mod and so on and.
So not every profile use the same mods.
Maybe I make an additional mod folder and change the mods that I actually need for each profile??

Cipus
Donation rank:

05 Nov 2018 17:19

is the crash happening at the first time after you launch the game or only when you switch between profiles without closing the game?
the only reason I can see a game crashing while you are in a mod manager is when you change your profile, exit from one profile to get into another. this could only happen if in the profile you exit you have activated a mod that changes the background music.
this happens to me sometimes, so by default I always exit a game completely and re-launch when I want to play in another profile. doing this has another advantage, a fresh gamelog in case of need ;)
If you don't have a sound mod, there could be a hardware issue (old or faulty)
I am very sure that even with old mods in your folder game don't crash in mod manager. I have also a lot of mods, about 40 Gb, more than 300 physical files
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

id777
Donation rank:

05 Nov 2018 20:33

I have 52.5 gb of mods, it's about 180 different files.
Without crashes.
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

MG Mike
Donation rank:

05 Nov 2018 20:46

Mhmm. Okay.. Theoretically it could have to do with that..
I played a while and changed profile without new start the ets..
But after crash and go into the manager it crashed several times again.. It took almost an hour or more to place the mods in order, cause during do this the game crashed. And I had to place the mods again and again. At last I activated all I needed at once and after that placed them up and down.. And it crashed again...
Then anytime later finally I made it and could load the profile. After that everything was fine.. I drove from Nürnberg to Danmark without problems. At the moment I am sleeping on a restingplace somewhere in Danmark, My tour goes on in direction Norway with Larvik as destination.

I will take care for changing profile and will restart the ets2 next time.. Then I will see

Thanks for the advice..

Cipus
Donation rank:

06 Nov 2018 11:57

forgot top say that my mods are almost all compressed to save space on my small SSD. My trucks, trailers and traffic packs will occupy probably 100 Gb without compression :lol:
if your game crashes in the mod manager after a fresh launch of the game, it must be a hardware issue of your hard drive. this is my first thought, it can have damaged sectors.
When you open the mod manager, the game need to load all existent mods in the mod folder, so that you can see a image of all mods in the left panel. if one mod is located on a bad sector, the game crashes when it tries to load that mod.
the best solution is to make a test of your drive and isolate the bad sectors if there are any. and if there are, you should also consider a new hard drive in the near future...
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

MG Mike
Donation rank:

06 Nov 2018 13:47

Oh man..

I have a Ssd hard-drive with 250 GB and a hdd with 1 TB.

Steam and the ETS are installed to the HDD, the documents folder with the ets and mod folder of course are located on the SSD.

The SSD was originally considered to have windows and several office software to have on it. Files and Games should be on the HDD.
But my SSD has approx 34 GB Mods from ETS. The rest are windows and office and so on..
As well as several other gamedata from other games.
I am thinking already to buy an additional SSD only for game files like mods and so on. Is it possible the change the documents/ets2/mods folder to another HD?

How are your mods compressed? My are scs or ear files. Is there a way to compress them further and does it affect game play or loading times?

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information