Crashes while I am in the modmanager

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Cipus
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2018 15:04

everytime I download a large mod I open it with 7z (unlock it with D.A.R.T. if it's locked) and I check if there is any compression sometimes you get a truck close to 1Gb and after compression it can have 120 Mb, for 10 trucks like this imagine what's the gain.
so if the mod is already compressed (files inside are much larger than the scs file), I don't change anything, if it's +/- the same size, then I unpack the file and repack it with WinRAR as .zip file using the option "normal" for compression. I know it seems funny but this works.
I never repack maps files and sounds (these must not be compressed), if I need to repack sound files as my sound mods I use 7z with option "Store" also as .zip file which I rename as .scs at the end.
for trucks I compress them all, but sound files and sii sound files are gathered all together in one mega sound pack, where it's easier to manage truck sounds (update with better sounds when I find while keeping the original in the truck mod in case of need)

you can transfer your documents folder on another location, but be sure you use the right method: right click on your original documents folder and then properties, navigate to location tab and there you change location to your wish.
My SSD has 2 partitions, first for Windows and programs (100 Gb) and the 2nd the remaining space to 250 Gb (which in reality is less than 150 Gb of course) is for Steam games (not many). I also moved the documents folder in this 2nd partition so SCS mods are here on the same place with ATS and ETS2 :lol:
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

MG Mike
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2018 17:42

I ask cause my ssd is almost full. Approx 12 left for mods..

I am thinking of buying another ssd with more space, for the ets2 document folder..
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Cipus
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2018 14:14

250 gb is more than enough for Windows, ETS2 and ATS games and their mods it's just better to have separate partitions in case of windows crash ;)
I keep back-up of my mods on a HDD :lol: (those that I edit often) and others that were updated by me there are on Sharemods where I have unlimited space :lol:
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information