New DLC, New game version and Promods

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
cjlear

02 Dec 2018 05:38

Thank you Claus62, I wasn't expecting it but will know what to look for next time!

Davyddin, a lot of games do but not ETS2. As described above, you have to go to the beta tab and select the version to stay on which is quite non-intuitive. I've been a beta tester and content developer for other games and in my mind unless you're in the test cycle there's no reason to ever go there.

I've always been keen to use the latest versions of software but now I'm going to freeze my install until I can do one set of updates and retain ETS2/Promods/Rusmap/SR. Tired of playing compatibility roulette.

Thanks again for the advice, guys!
Not updating ETS2 until it and my mods can work together again as a package

Davyddin
Donation rank:

03 Dec 2018 00:21

cjlear wrote:
02 Dec 2018 05:38
Davyddin, a lot of games do but not ETS2. As described above, you have to go to the beta tab and select the version to stay on which is quite non-intuitive.
Oh, I'm well aware of how to manually downgrade to an older version after an update, but I was under the impression and assumption automatic upgrades to newer versions could be turned off in the game's Steam settings, but I may well be wrong on this (and cannot even check right this moment).
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

cjlear

03 Dec 2018 00:51

Not on mine, mate. Claus has described a good workaround.

updateoptions.gif
updateoptions.gif (6.74 KiB) Viewed 558 times
Not updating ETS2 until it and my mods can work together again as a package

Davyddin
Donation rank:

03 Dec 2018 00:55

I see, thank you. I stand corrected.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information