New DLC, New game version and Promods

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
MG Mike
Donation rank:

25 Nov 2018 14:45

Hello,.

Now it is official that the Baltic DLC will be released at 29.11.
Probably at this time the game would update to 1.33

So I am asking how will promods deal with it?

Will the new DLC complete overwrite the promods version? Like it already happened in France?

Or will some areas stay that are made by Promods and are currently not part of the DLC?

What do you think how long would it take to bring the next promods update which makes promods compatible to the Baltic dlc? Is the new version maybe already under construction?

Same goes for Russmap. It would probably not be compatible to the new game version too? Is there anything known about that?
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

bmwGTR

25 Nov 2018 14:55

Hi,

it's with every new game version / DLC.
Currently we are beta testing 2.32 for 1.33 - this update makes 1.33 compatible, but not the DLC (what happens when you would combine ProMods 2.32 with the DLC - no idea).
After the DLC is released, the Developers will start merging ProMods Stuff with the DLC Stuff.
We release 2.32 when it's ready - so we also not know how long it will takes after the 1.33 Update and after the BtBS release.

For RusMap - no idea.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Davyddin
Donation rank:

25 Nov 2018 14:57

MG Mike wrote:
So I am asking how will promods deal with it?
Will the new DLC complete overwrite the promods version? Like it already happened in France?
Or will some areas stay that are made by Promods and are currently not part of the DLC?
It is likely things will happen more or less like this: First, there will be a compatibility update which makes ProMods compatible with 1.33 and which doesn't require the new BTBS DLC. Thus, this version will not include any BTBS mapping. Later, there will be another update which does require the new BTBS DLC. There will be a merge of the best mapping from BTBS and old ProMods content. Possibly, the DLC content will more or less completely replace the current ProMods mapping at first, and thereafter the merge happen in steps, or possibly the merge will happen quickly, without steps.
MG Mike wrote:
What do you think how long would it take to bring the next promods update which makes promods compatible to the Baltic dlc? Is the new version maybe already under construction?
A new version compatible with 1.33 has been in preparation for a long time. ;)

Postscript: Ninjaed! :lol:
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

25 Nov 2018 15:29

Ok..

Will the update to 1.33 come before btbs is released?

Or will the updated promods version fit to the upcoming dlc before the merged one will appear?

I only ask cause I want to buy the dlc, but I am not sure if it is better to wait?!

CAPLV
Donation rank:

25 Nov 2018 15:51

MG Mike wrote:
its always ready when its ready :D so wait..
Last edited by Davyddin on 25 Nov 2018 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed whitespace
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

MG Mike
Donation rank:

25 Nov 2018 16:03

I meant the ets2 update 1.33. Will this come before the release of btbs?

Davyddin
Donation rank:

25 Nov 2018 16:15

MG Mike wrote:
This is a question you should direct to SCS, not ProMods, of course. But generally new map DLCs come with a game update (i.e. a public game update no later than the DLC is made publicly available). I would personally expect 1.33 and BTBS to release more or less simultaneously.
MG Mike wrote:
Or will the updated promods version fit to the upcoming dlc before the merged one will appear?
I apologize if I was unclear on this point. The next update of ProMods will be a compatibility update for 1.33 and should also be compatible with the BTBS DLC (but as was said it will at this stage overwrite the DLC completely). Please let me confirm this, however.

Postscript: Yes, I can confirm the next version of ProMods will be a compatibility update for 1.33 and BTBS (but, again, at this stage without any merge and overwriting BTBS completely).
MG Mike wrote:
I only ask cause I want to buy the dlc, but I am not sure if it is better to wait?!
I would say you can safely buy the DLC. If necessary, you can always disable it temporarily.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

25 Nov 2018 17:18

Ah ok thanks, now it is clear to me.

Maybe I understood you wrong at first, but that was then cause my English is not always the best..
My apologies..

Photon_

26 Nov 2018 14:56

I don't think it will take too long. I expect that the Estonian Islands will return in the next update.

Cipus
Donation rank:

26 Nov 2018 16:43

what I will do next it will not make SCS very happy for sure :lol: sorry but I don't move to 1.33 and I don't buy the Baltic DLC in the next months because:
- I use a physics mod by nightson adapted for all my trucks, which I find better than the latest SCS tweaks (can be just a matter of personal taste)
- I don't really drive on bad weather because rain has a huge impact on my PC configuration, I prefer winter mods instead rain ;)
- I have a nice alternative for the double flatbed trailer in chris45 trailer pack with more cargoes, just that are not ownable :lol
- I just finished mod updates for 1.32 and I want to enjoy just driving in the next weeks/months enjoying ProMods 2.31 and other mods for 1.32
- I plan to explore more the Baltic area by ProMods, as a curiosity I did not Drive in ProMods's Finland more than Helsinki yet
- I like a game version which is bug and error free ;)

so enough reasons to stay in 1.32 for the moment ;)
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information