Road signs around intersections

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
InHell_13

29 Nov 2018 19:35

Hello all,
this is something that I have been noticing for a while now, driving mainly in Scandinavia, but now I see it is being propagated in the Balkan region as well. The issue is that at least in Scandinavia, the right of way and yield signs are put after the intersection. The result is that the AI traffic does not take them into account and instead falls back to the general rule "right of way to the right standing vehicle". In time one learns where these intersections are, so I guess it's not something that is a game breaker. The reason I am writing this is, that I am seeing similar things in the new Balkan region - sings for Yield on one part of the crossroad, and no sign at all on the other crossing road. You can imagine that the only way for me to continue was either to save and load again, or to ram out of the road the stuck vehicles in front of me. This last instance happened to me on the road from Pleven to Vrashka Chuka (Връшка чука) border post with Serbia.

My question on the above is whether this is some know issue, or it's something being overlooked?

Appreciate any comments form the ProMods team and keep up the good work - your creation is one of the main reasons I keep playing ETS2!

ScuL
Founder

30 Nov 2018 01:50

Can you please provide some screenshots of the problem you are describing?
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

InHell_13

30 Nov 2018 10:58

(facebook links, for lack of better uploading place)
https://scontent.fprg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5CA71050

This is the one I was mentioning in Bulgaria on the E79 road. I experienced the congestion on the previous iteration of Promods. Right now I passed 2 times over and was unable to replicate it - will continue to observe when I pass through there - still not a good practice in-game (I know IRL that B3 sign will me missing occasionally and there would be only B1 or B2 sign on the crossing road)

https://scontent.fprg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5CADDFA9

This second one is seen all over the place in Scandinavia - the B3 sign is waay past the intersection. I understand that may be way the locals do it, but you either get stuck in traffic, or get T-boned, cause game logic is not real life.

Now writing this I am thinking that the issue might be coming from the traffic mod I use (DP's realistic traffic), so if there aren't many people who have observed the issues I experience, then very likely it may be out of the traffic mod. Will add further examples when I come upon them, meanwhile, I will swap the traffic mod with something else...

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information