[Opinions] Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
id777
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2018 08:28

Moderator, why you moved my message from Promods Baltics topic?
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Shiva

05 Dec 2018 12:25

Why no "or so little "city centers in SCS maps?
Maybe because the truck types in ETS2 and ATS 2 deliver to from cargo / delivery centers mostly.
Yes, I have seen the common truck with trailer combo delivering food products to an ICA here "very small city", but that's due to not having any delivery centers anywhere close.
Then there are those places where the truck + trailer combo's does not fit, etc.
And space issues, due to the scale.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Kristofburger

05 Dec 2018 12:44

MantasTheK wrote:
04 Dec 2018 11:06
Hello, guys, first of all big, big thanks to ProMods team and all developers for their effort and dedication to this wonderful project. Regards to this new Beyond The Baltic Sea DLC, I gotta say, it's truly an authentic replica of Baltic countries. I'm Lithuanian myself, so I opened my ETS2, started in Kaunas, and I was gobsmacked, I recognized many landmarks, places, even roads and signs. SCS did a phenomenal job. Someone did say that ProMods cities are more detailed than SCS, well, yes and no. More stuff, but not always authentic, sorry.. Problem is SCS doesn't add many roads or places to visit, little forests and etc, which ProMods can easily provide.
I agree with this, SCS have done a pretty good job. It is more authentic for Finland than what most of ProMods currently is in the same area, save for some scaling issues that required a bit of creative license. Helsinki and Tampere are accurate in that most of downtown is inaccessible for both; the former has banned through traffic for trucks (eastern port in Katajanokka would be an option), and in the latter you can't get through underpasses due to low ceilings :D You could drive through Turku though, and in Tampere the northern route 12 would bring Näsinneula into play realistically (hint hint). The countryside is stiched together from real-life fuel station environments and authentic rural town replicas, which is why some road alignments are a bit off.

All in all it's a solid base for ProMods to work on. Now they have a better selection of assets for Finland too so it'll be interesting what they come up with.

EdgeGladiator

05 Dec 2018 13:23

For me, the fact that there is no city center with the scale or the center prohibits trucks is not an argument. There has been a great effort in the Baltics DLC but in general, the industrial areas represented are not realistic and even bad. And just look Promods or Rusmap, there are giant cities very well represented with both the main center roads and also this industrial area (eg Saratov in Russia). The Baltics DLC is pretty good cities I think, but in old DLCs like France (or in lesser measure Italy), the cities are catastrophic, industrial areas very bad (Clermont-Fd it's an........ insult, I much prefer the scenery version of ProMods).
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

CAPLV
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2018 13:52

There is one strange thing... Nearest truck service from Riga is ~90kms toward Ventspils... its nonsense.. as ai said earlier.. Latvia is unreal and very little in details (very default look), but Estonia and Lithuania is more realistic..

my hope is on Vlad.. and Promods team :)
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Shiva

05 Dec 2018 18:57

I'm sure they will get the DLC areas even better.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

M4rkus

05 Dec 2018 19:39

I have not yet played the Baltic DLC but my gut feeling is that it’ll be better than Promods (unlike SCS Rebuild compared to ARP). Baltic DLC was work of a relatively large team and from what I've seen it really looks great, also considering that that’s a relatively old part of Promods. So in this case, I'd favour keeping the DLC as base and merge the additional parts from Promods (such as Curonian Spit).
Last edited by M4rkus on 06 Dec 2018 10:20, edited 1 time in total.

id777
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2018 22:57

I also like Promods Latvia more. City centers, more villages, roads, good density.

Vlad, what do you think about improving Dlc for Promods map?

Kaliningrad is worst part of Baltic DLC as for me. But i like border points, it's very realistic.
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

brainiac
Donation rank:

06 Dec 2018 00:18

I think that Kaliningrad area, Estonia and Latvia are better than DLC because they are new (new technologies and newer assets), unlike Lithuania and southern Finland, except Davgap***lis. Therefore I really hope that those areas will be from Promods or DLC, respectively.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Ranchester
Donation rank:

06 Dec 2018 08:45

Southern Finland is horrible outdated in ProMods, looks nothing like IRL, except the signs and some junctions. DLC is miles and miles ahead in that department. Also concerning the city centers, I think it's a good idea not to have those because a) Trucks are banned in almost every bigger European city centers (for example Turku, it's actually accurate to IRL to route trucks to route 40 around the city) b) Making accessible city centers kills the sense of scale if you have space to put just few houses there. ProMods Riga is a good example, it does not feel a big city, at all, compared to SCS's version of it. And finally c) performance and optimization.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information