One thing I won't understand too soon

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
blackrider88

11 Jan 2019 23:04

I frequently see that there are people in the ETS2 community in general who are against the introduction of a new part to the game map, mostly when it comes to a non-European one (especially Turkey).

Now I ask, what's the matter? Don't you guys like when you have more roads to drive, more cities to explore and more landscapes around?

As a geography student and a travel enthusiast, this is the main reason I like this game, but i don't quite understand the hate towards more exotic and "unconventional" locations.

id777
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2019 23:20

I like it, but only if it is really have good quality.
For example look at Platypus' Middle East WIP. It's well made and exotic!
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2019 02:38

I can't speak for everyone, but some people think "Since this game is set in Europe, we should cover all of Europe before looking further" Of course, this is the argument of a mapper and not of a player.
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

EG0611

12 Jan 2019 06:21

Back in 2016-2017; I was doing a Turkey map. It was a middle scale project with Bulgaria and Turkey sides. The pictures, videos etc are still in this forum. Although Bulgaria community was supporting me, giving info, feedback etc, Turkish community not just not giving support, but making things way harder for me and my team to continue. We were literaly got threatened in personal and none of big community debators were supporting us. Although they were giving support to other Turkey map mods.

"Why you didn't add hundreds of mosques like other Turkey map? Are you a non-patriot who hates his country and bomb places?"
"Why you didn't add hundreds of flags like other Turkey map? Are you a non-patriot who hates his country and bomb places?"
"Why you didn't add this street, that avenue, that park like other Turkey map? Are you a non-patriot who hates his country and bomb places?" (That is right they literally call you terrorist because you didn't do what they want)

And especially;

"Why you work with a foreign mapping community? Are you a non-patriot who hates his country and bomb places?"

So long to short, the map expansions for modding communities (not sure for SCS though) are also related with relations and community standards of expansion directions. No modders would willingly want to work on a project that he knows that he will never get a support or praise but rather get hate speech.

id777
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2019 06:28

Just ignore this such stupid critics.

viewtopic.php?t=12634

I found your topic EG, so why don't you want to refresh and add these to Promods pack? Or make it like addon ? (Like Middle East by Platypus)

I really like your work, road signs. It's much better than map from YKS. Don't be upset, haters are everywhere, but they can't make such map.

And one more thing, now you are Promods developer, so it will be much easier for you. Think about it.
id777 ;)

blackrider88

12 Jan 2019 12:31

penguinaz wrote:
12 Jan 2019 02:38
I can't speak for everyone, but some people think "Since this game is set in Europe, we should cover all of Europe before looking further" Of course, this is the argument of a mapper and not of a player.
But not rarely, the players said this thing, limiting themselves in a useless setting.

JohnBart
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2019 13:24

id777 wrote:
12 Jan 2019 06:28
Just ignore this such stupid critics.
It's easy to say this, but when you get threatened in person by numerous people, you really don't want to get involved in such a sensitive matter. He made the right choice choosing another region (Czechia) which is more important in-game I think, and also gets the support he needs.
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

id777
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2019 13:32

However Turkey also needs some love
id777 ;)

blackrider88

12 Jan 2019 14:21

Good thing we're probably 90% getting Balkan DLC this year, so maybe European Turkey will appear. From that point onwards, i guess the country will slowly expand from Izmir, Bursa towards east, mainly with the help of Promods team.

realdeal350
Developer

12 Jan 2019 14:37

I think most Turkish people will not be happy with non-Turkish people working on Turkey sadly
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information