Promods doesn't work.

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
hahaloll

05 Jul 2014 14:34

Didn't work. I still can't activate any mods. I have "def" "promod map.scs" and "promod v162.scs" in the mod folder but still I cant avtivate any mods...

hahaloll

05 Jul 2014 14:39

Sir, I think my problem is that I have two "euro truck simulator 2 " folders. One containing mods installed and one without mods. Each time I start the game I go to library and click on the ETS2 folder and I can't see the mods installed in the mod folder. But on the desktop I have ETS2 map with all the mods installed...

I have tried to delete ETS2 from library but everytime I get into the game the ETS2 folder with no mods appears in library... Is this the problem? I just downloaded the game from somewhere.

Almighty
Donation rank:

05 Jul 2014 14:42

Did you bought the game?
Happy trucking!

hahaloll

05 Jul 2014 14:44

Lol no. Downloaded it from somewhere. However I have a well-functioning key that I have to type everytime while disconnecting from the internet in order to get the game to work.

Almighty
Donation rank:

05 Jul 2014 14:47

Then I'm sorry, but I can't help you anymore. We don't help people that are using a illegal version of the game.
Happy trucking!

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

05 Jul 2014 15:13

To add to the previous statement, illegal versions can show odd and unpredictable behaviour. And we can't even help you with any of that due to the unpredictability of these illegal versions.

Seriously, you could buy the Gold edition for less than $10 on Steam at the end of June. That the game is too expensive for you becomes a really weak argument by this fact...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

05 Jul 2014 15:57

But even at £20/€25/$35, the game is still less than the average person will pay for a takeaway/ a night out.

The fact that there are people still using illegal copies is amazing. Some games are just asking to be pirated, but the commitment SCS puts into the game and everything associated with it, as well as the bearable price, means there is no excuse not to buy it. I also partially blame SCS for this; the game can be easily played without a key just by fiddling with the network. Surely there is something they can do to stop this?! Then, hopefully, a lot of people would be encouraged to buy the game and only those with a bit of technical knowhow would properly pirate it. Maybe I'm missing a key issue here, but I'm not sure what.

hahaloll

05 Jul 2014 16:06

Quick update from my side. The mod is working. When I get into the game I can enable the mods. However each time I click on "continue" in my profile, the game always stops working after it loads about half-way... it says "euro truck simulator 2 has stopped working".

Guys, I will buy the whole version from steam but I am on vacation at the moment and have no time or possibility to pay for the game. I just want to play temporary on a pirate version.

hahaloll

05 Jul 2014 16:15

I can play the game with mods disabled, but not when the mods are enabled?

jontsuba
Donation rank:

05 Jul 2014 16:26

Talking about piracy, I don't think that actively prosecuting pirate links and torrents in the internet is of much help, too big to control. And bigger security measures are futile, they will be cracked at one time and can get to ironical point of penalizing legitimate users instead of pirates (as happens with Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed II -continuous connection to internet, Uplay and that crap-) I think that it's more productive the way GOG or The Witcher creators are proceding. They think that pirate players might get to appreciate the game and finally buy it, and to that low prices really help. Another great invention are Steam sales and price comparers. Gaming isn't pricey anymore. THAT is the way people will stop pirating.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information