Will there be 2.40b streams again

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

10 Mar 2019 14:29

Hi,

i have a simply question:
"Will you do some 2.40b streams again" (like: Voytek, Squirrel, Clumsy, Chris...)

Of course you should do it when 2.40 is 99,99% ready.
I do not want to push anything.

I say thanks for every reply :)

Best regards,
scan720
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

TheNuvolari

10 Mar 2019 14:36

I second this! :) Love Squirrel's Promods videos! And all his videos in general! :D

bmwGTR

10 Mar 2019 15:26

Hi,

we give new versions to promoters if all critical bugs are fixed (then 2.40 will be a RC (release candidate)) - currently 2.40 is still in beta, so do not expect it too soon ;)

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

TimmyTurner95

10 Mar 2019 20:35

I don't know why promods always need so many time to fix bugs. I mean one could try to avoid bugs already when mapping or modding
EURoadNet-Developer

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

10 Mar 2019 20:44

let us make a deal. i know nothing about mapping, but if you will pay me every month 1000,-€ then i will learn bug fixing. for 1000,-€ i will fix 5 days a week 4 hours bugs.
deal?
No Support via PM!

bmwGTR

10 Mar 2019 20:49

TimG95 wrote:
I don't know why promods always need so many time to fix bugs. I mean one could try to avoid bugs already when mapping or modding
Hi,
2.40 is still in beta not just because of the bugs - the developers are still adding new content to 2.40 ;)

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

10 Mar 2019 22:42

TimG95 wrote:
That's a pretty naive train of thought. You can't just "prevent bugs". Bugs are often things that are overlooked, unexpected or are unpredictable. Even the most experienced people, who know all the pitfalls, still make mistakes. And this is not limited to ProMods, but any kind of software is prone to this, and this includes SCS. This is why beta testing is so important, so we can find, study and solve bugs.

And finding them is one thing; solving them can be a whole different league, as some bugs can be really stubborn, or it can take a while to find the exact cause or solution. These kind of bugs are often the biggest show-stoppers, and very annoying. Oh, I can remember that it took one entire evening just to solve one bug that made the game crash in a particular region leaving no clue in the game log what it was, and I basically had to figure out which of the thousands of objects was spoiling the party. Yes, those kind of bugs!

And also, as bmwGTR said, we are still adding new content. Why beta-test everything all at once, when you can spread it out over many weeks, so every little bit of the map gets scrutinised and the largest number of bugs get uncovered? We've done this for years and it works great getting the nastiest bugs out of the way before the release. We solve 90% of the bugs during the beta, and the ones that do remain are often tiny, non game-breaking bugs. The version the beta testers get is much less stable than the one you're playing right now.

So, who are you to speak about how we should run things? I've seen you complain several times about how ProMods is doing its job as if you're the expert in this field. Why this or that isn't finished, why we aren't working on certain projects, and now how we should "prevent" making bugs. All the while you seem to have no credentials in modding in any kind. So who are you to speak about this? You've no clue how this works!

If we ever see you speaking with such audacity about how things need to be done here again, we ask you that you either pull your hands out of your sleeves and give us a demonstration how it's done, or shut up about this.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

11 Mar 2019 12:46

Very well written and many thanks for the explanations Mandel soft!!

We (the users) should not forget that the promodsmap is very big. I am using a big map combo but if I deactivate all other maps, the Promodsarea is still big and gets bigger with every new content.
And secondly we should not forget that all the work from the devs is done in their spare time. I think the most have a regular job and Wife and kids or have still go to school and parents and brothers, sisters or even friends, shortly said a real life. And that needs time too.
TimG95, if you have that money give it to Rudi and he will leave his regular job and start to do bugfixing 8 hours per day. Maybe then you'll get it faster.

I think we all are exited about what will be new at 2.40 and so on.. And we all want to have it, me too.
But please let the team do their work without putting unnecessary pressure to them.
If you are working faster and faster just to get it faster to release it could be that bugs were overseen again and then you have your 2.40 and you start to complain again, cause there is one bug here, another one there.. Surely you will have download problems in addition or have gamecrashes, then you will complain again.
And for what should that be good??
Let them their time they need! And you will get a almost bug free game or as Mandel soft said only minor bugs probably we won't notice them, show only up in the log..

Untill the new version will be ready you have a very well working 2.33. Sure, the new SCS Baltic States are missing, but if they are that important play on Vanillamap or make a TSM combo. There you will have the Baltics in.
But if the Baltics are less important to you, you have a very well working actual version.
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

zyprexia

11 Mar 2019 16:36

Also, any time developers spend in the forums answering these kind of questions, means they don't spent on coding/modding..

On the other hand I think it is a great testimony to the developers that maintaining such a big project seems so easy and effortless!
System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4800Mhz, 48GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, RTX2060, HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

11 Mar 2019 21:10

In order to bring this back to topic i ask will there be also a new trailer for 2.40 at the YouTube channel?
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information