Download link not received

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ScuL
Founder

03 May 2019 03:39

First of all, we are a hobby organisation (of volunteers) not a business.
We have no urgency nor customer service to provide as such as the premium download system is a donation in exchange for a faster download, not entitlement or ownership over any product.
The premium download system is operated by a 3rd party and fully automated and external, and should not require any human intervention.

After a release cycle we get swamped with emails, the current inbox stands at 257.
We endeavour to respond to every inquiry within 7 days but that can be slowed down due to circumstances.
As it happens to be the case I am currently on a Cambodian island with very poor connectivity.

When a download link does not arrive usually there is a mismatch in the handshake between the email providers.
Therefore an automated system is provided on the self-help pages (actually two) to be able to retrieve the download without any email communications.

It is notable that there may be circumstances in which PayPal's IPN trigger does not reach the Payloadz database, therefore the transaction does not get logged. It seems that that is what has happened to your transaction. I could find the transaction in our payments database but not in the downloads system. The only way to solve this query is by manual intervention, which is what I have just done and have generated a new link for you. Hopefully this should solve the issue. :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

namalzir

03 May 2019 13:04

Hi Scul

Thanks for the response and the explanation for the error. I've received the download link now and the install went ok.

Whilst I'm aware that you're not a business as such, you are offering a service where if you pay (or donate as you call it), you promise a faster download. This faster download is dependent on the download link and if something goes wrong, you have an obligation to help. You can't charge for something and don't deliver what you have charged for.

As for the response time, there was no mention in the acknowledgement email I received from Promods that it could take you up to seven days to respond (please correct me if I'm wrong). If there was, I would have been more patient as I know you are all volunteers. Payloadz' acknowledgement email did set expectations on when I could expect a response and as you use the same response system as them you should be able to add something regarding the response time?

Anyway, you did sort this out for me and I still think your mods are fantastic.

Thanks again :)

Shiva

03 May 2019 14:33

Good that it worked OK :)
namalzir, usually the payment goes very well.
Mostly it has been user error "wrong email", missed the link on the order confirmation/Dowload page.
This... this was a "shit happens" thing.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

03 May 2019 14:41

can agree with that, I always used the paid download and it always worked fine.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

03 May 2019 14:50

I am using the Paid Version since 2.32 because I got my own bank account.
I would also pay 2 or 3 euros for that fantastic work!
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

namalzir

03 May 2019 15:12

Thanks for the helpful comments from everyone regarding this and I agree that it's just one of those things that can happen, nothing works perfect all of the time unfortunately.
I can't imagine how much work goes into making Promods, but I'm sure it's thousands of hours by a lot of people and they are all doing it to make ETS 2 a better game.
It's also a free mod in principle, which is why I wanted to try and give a tiny bit of support by paying for the download. I will probably also do it again in the future..

Thanks again and have a nice weekend everyone :D

thm57
Donation rank:

03 May 2019 15:26

My understanding is most if not all the money for the paid download goes to pay for the fast download. I use the free download and then use the donate button below.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information