About the interior cabin volume setting

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
tantalus

10 Jun 2019 02:33

Hi. Recently i came back to promods and ETS2, and it wasnt after i installed some traffic and sound mods for em that i noticed that i cant hear any traffic sound at all from my cabin. The sound cars make when they pass you, specially, not a sound. If i go to the exterior camera, yeah, i can hear everything.

As far as i know, using the parameter interior cabin volume you set when you download promods, it should increase the volume from the exterior into the cabin, problem is i only want the exterior sounds to be more audible in the cabin, not the cabin sound emselves (engine, winkers, etc). But i dont see any changes at all. What is the purpose exactly of this setting?

Thanks in advance.

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2019 02:55

in the game_data.sii

Code: Select all

interior_sound_volume:
or if you play with ProMods, you can change it when you create the def.

if you like to play a bit relastic, then you don´t much change much. (ofc, depends a bit which Truck you drive)

example, Scania NextGen:
No Support via PM!

Josh0

10 Jun 2019 02:55

tantalus wrote:
10 Jun 2019 02:33
... problem is i only want the exterior sounds to be more audible in the cabin, not the cabin sound emselves (engine, winkers, etc).
When you generate your ProMods Definition file the "Cabin interior sound level" setting only changes the level of the ambient (exterior) sounds heard inside the cabin, such as traffic, birds, thunder, etc. It does not change the level of the already-interior sounds like the blinkers and your truck's engine. If you have any mods with a higher priority than the ProMods definition package they may be overriding the file where this parameter is stored. Try removing other mods besides ProMods.

tantalus

10 Jun 2019 03:11

Yes, thats what i wanted, but as i said, it doesnt seem to work. I re-downloaded the definition file with the setting 4x but i still cant hear traffic sound at all, not a sound from the exterior. I dont have any other mods loaded before promods. Thats what i dont understand. Also i dont have any mod that could change the exterior sound volume.

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2019 03:23

map mods like ProMods bust be at the bottom in the mod manager view, and will get loaded first.
there are many mods which change something in the game_data.sii. so, every mod which has a higher poistion in the mod manger view will overwrite the ProMods def setting.
you must know which mod has also a game_data.sii, and then change the volume in the mod which has the highest position in the mod manager.

wow, incredible english. :mrgreen: i hope you get what i'm trying to tell. :lol:
No Support via PM!

tantalus

10 Jun 2019 04:53

Rudi Raser wrote:
map mods like ProMods bust be at the bottom in the mod manager view, and will get loaded first.
It's the opposite around. Mods with higher priority need to be placed up in the list, not at the bottom..

In any case, it seems that it actually works, but i needed to download the definition file setting up 16x volume.... at 8x i didnt notice any sound at all (or barely).

Davyddin
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2019 20:34

Rudi Raser wrote:
bottom in the mod manager view [...] will get loaded first
tantalus wrote:
10 Jun 2019 04:53
Mods with higher priority need to be placed up in the list, not at the bottom
No, Rudi and you are both quite correct: mods at the bottom get loaded first, i.e. they have lower priority because they get overwritten by mods higher up, which are loaded later.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information