Always late

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
barry
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2019 19:21

Hi guys. So far i've driven for 878 days in this game so i know how to drive, and deliver goods on time. Ever since V1.35 i have increasingly been late in deliveries -typically 20Mins to 50mins. I'm only using ProMods V1.41 with ProMods trailers. I've asked in the SCS forum about whether the delivery timings need to be increased, because of the additional cautious driving i.w.o the updated suspension etc, and was basically told i'm not driving fast enough :roll:

So after that pearl of wisdom from the forum i'll ask here. Would there be any reason apart from the physics changes, that would decrease the delivery timings. I drive as fast as the speed limit states, and also slow down enough to not tip over. I've used 510HP and 650HP tractors with light and heavy loads but still i can be late, not everytime, but a lot of times.

As i said, i've been driving in this game long enough to know how to deliver goods.

Any help please.

Regards

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2019 19:30

You can change the time yoruself, by opening the ProMods def with an archiver like WInRAR and navigate to def/economy_data.sii. Open that file with a text editor and search for these lines:

Code: Select all

delivery_window[0]: 400		# easy
delivery_window[1]: 250		# medium
delivery_window[2]: 90		# hard

by increasing these numbers the time will increase. But don't change them too much otherwise it will mess up the freight market with only very short availible Jobs.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

barry
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2019 19:40

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. Are these values in minutes?

Regards

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2019 19:42

No those are some Variables for the game to calculate the time you have for the Job most likely.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

barry
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2019 19:49

Ok. Thanks again for your kind help.

Regards

barry
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2019 11:30

Hi. Just a small update. I have found that the main problem lies not with the actual delivery times per-se, but with the sleep timing. I find that i may have e.g. 6Hrs left to deliver the goods, but i have much less time left before i need to stop and sleep. If i stop to sleep, the delivery obviously goes over the allotted delivery time. So, with having to reduce speed not only in regards to cornering -no matter how much or little the radii is -much is due to the type of load being carried- but also with the additional time it takes to go pass/negotiate additional road works (because the AI slow down when passing such incidents), also border checkpoints etc. It all reduces the sleep/delivery timing.

What i have done -and testing- is to reduce the simulation_avg_speed: 58.0 # km/h from the default 62.0 Km/h. Hopefully this will allow a better sleep/delivery pattern to evolve. Having a ferry to cross within a route helps because my sleep time is taken care of, but if there's no ferry crossing the problem arises.

Regards

Vøytek
Developer

21 Aug 2019 12:19

It's a weird issue, because there's usually way too much time in this game for a delivery. I always arrive with many hours left, there's basically no challenge and it's impossible to be late, unless you flip your truck 5 times and use F7 - it'll cost some time. Otherwise, the need for sleep is calculated in your delivery. I'm not sure if I was ever late.

If you have a 5 hours drive ahead of you, you'll get 20 hours to complete it, so you can easily sleep during this time (if you start the job while having <6 hours left until you have to sleep for example).
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

zyprexia

21 Aug 2019 12:39

While it is not an ideal solution, you could also (temporary) disable the fatigue simulation, so that you don't have to sleep.
As rest time restrictions are not implemented in the game (fine if you drive more than 4,5 hrs without a break for example), the fatigue simulation is nothing more than a nice gimmick..

Here's the official resting regulation set by the EU: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 02&from=EN
System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4800Mhz, 48GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, RTX2060, HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

barry
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2019 15:09

Hi. Yes it is strange. I've never been late or had sleep/delivery problems up until the 1.35 patch. I even reloaded version 1.34 with ProMods v1.40 just to check, and i have loads of time left over. Definitely something amiss somewhere. I am using the Steam version of ETS2, perhaps it's that. My Mod install is:
Promods Def
ProMods Trailer Replacements
ProMods Main Def
ProMods Trailers
Promods Companies Def
ProMods Companies
ProMods Map
ProMods Media
Promods Model 3
ProMods Model 2
ProMods Model 1
ProMods Assets

I've been late with 1Ton upto 36T loads, so the weight isn't a problem. I've looked around the web for others with the same problem but it appears it's just me with this version. I guess i could hose everything and install the SCS version bypassing Steam, but i'll finish my 1600Km run first to see how it goes with the reduction i did.

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards

Shiva

21 Aug 2019 22:14

Having the game on Steam should not have anything to do with this.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information