A Map Repair Question

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Axel Slingerland

24 Oct 2019 23:15

Greetings ProMods Crew,

I have a question for you. Since SCS has obviously decided not to release the Beyond The Baltic Sea DLC to those of us who do not use Steam (unless they changed their hiding spot again and I am not aware of it), and ProMods 2.40 and up require it, is it possible for someone to fix errors in ProMods 2.33?

Over the years since I bought ETS2 I have tried every version of ProMods, but I always went back to the original main and DLC maps. I suppose I was somewhat of a vanilla map purist or something. I guess I picked the right roads to try ProMods 2.33, as from the first moment I started playing it, I knew this one was a keeper. I've driven about 70,000 km and there is a very noticeable improvement in the game world. Some of the roads are outstanding!

One place needs a little help though. When I arrived in Bergen, I had to use the Dev Console to fly over this gap in the map in Bergen, Norway, as there were no connections.

Is it possible someone could make a patch for this? Or is there one available somewhere?

Thanks!

Ax
Today has been cancelled. Go back to bed.

Plum™
Developer

24 Oct 2019 23:41

Are you using any other map mods? If I remember correctly Scandinvia Improvments mod causes a problem in the area so if you are using that it may be the problem although other maps may also conflict

Josh0

24 Oct 2019 23:46

Axel, you may have a mod conflict causing this problem in Bergen, because when I use only ProMods 2.33 in my game Bergen looks like this:

ScuL
Founder

25 Oct 2019 02:44

Axel Slingerland wrote:
24 Oct 2019 23:15

Over the years since I bought ETS2 I have tried every version of ProMods, but I always went back to the original main and DLC maps. I suppose I was somewhat of a vanilla map purist or something. I guess I picked the right roads to try ProMods 2.33, as from the first moment I started playing it, I knew this one was a keeper. I've driven about 70,000 km and there is a very noticeable improvement in the game world. Some of the roads are outstanding!

I never thought I would hear you express these words.

Because of the scale of ProMods, there are always going to be minor slip-ups as we don't enjoy the same level of scrutiny in QA and bug-testing as SCS do.
However, the issue you are facing is with complete certainty a map mod conflict.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Axel Slingerland

25 Oct 2019 09:35

I sincerely apologize for offending all of you. That was not my intention at all. It was a poor choice of words on my part. As you may have noticed if you go to the SCS forum, I have all but stopped posting at all as my health continues to get worse, as I have become very good at making myself look foolish. When I first started going to the SCS forum I knew almost nothing about ETS2, and I learned a lot. Then as my health started to deteriorate, my memory started to fade. You're all absolutely right. This was caused by a mod conflict.

There was a time when I would have immediately realized this was caused by a mod conflict, but in this case that possibility did not occur to me. Then when it was mentioned, I could not remember how to sort it out. Fortunately, I have a lot of notes from various things and I was able to figure it out. In the future I will try to remember to ask questions a little more carefully. I apologize once again for my poor choice of words.

ScuL
Founder

26 Oct 2019 02:46

All good, best wishes for your health and hopeful recovery :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Axel Slingerland

26 Oct 2019 04:34

Thanks, but we'll need a lot better Doctors than we currently have to find a cure for getting old. Image

By the way, is the Deer that used to run across the highway still in the mod? I always liked that.

Axel Slingerland

08 Feb 2021 08:40

Hey Guys,

I'm back with another question. Is it possible for me to add roads to the ProMods 2.33 map? Assuming of course, that I am able to learn how to do that, which I have not done as of yet. As you know, I'm a total rookie at most things to do with this game. But I have a lot of time on my hands now days, and I want to see if I can learn how to add roads here and there.

Thanks in advance, as always!

Ax

scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

08 Feb 2021 09:52

You can always work on our Map. You just need to know how to create a addon
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

Axel Slingerland

08 Feb 2021 10:18

I wanted to ask first before I tried it. It's the right first thing to do.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information