Road to Black Sea and Promods compatibility

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
kiwi56
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2019 23:55

Belol01 wrote:
11 Dec 2019 16:51
I've just downloaded the new ProMods 2.43 for multiplayer and found that the DLC "Road to the Black Sea" has disappeared from the map. The comes only when you disable the promods. Please fix fast.
maybe you should read the replies the dlc will not be compatible till 2.45 is released

erkinalp

13 Dec 2019 08:15

ScuL wrote:Approximately 12 border crossings have to be connected with a working time of maybe 1 week per area, the best approximate that we can give is that the DLC will be integrated within 2 to 3 months.
The parts those are not in the same sector could be worked out by different mappers, reducing the needed time into 3 weeks (1 week of border posts and related areas merger, 1 week of inner road network and terrain merger and 1 week of testing). Remember SCS made ProMods a favour in Romania by generally mapping the cities you have not :)

bmwGTR

13 Dec 2019 08:40

Hi,

@erkinalp: Our developers decide where they want to work to. No developer is forced to work on the DLC merge.
Therefore the estimate of ScuL is good.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

bricksathome
Developer

13 Dec 2019 08:55

We know we can have multiple devs working in the DLC connection at once and that is exactly what’s happening, but this doesn’t create the speed you suggest, the connection I’m working on for example is over 100 (in game) miles long and, if it’s going make realistic sense, pretty much requires a new city to be built from scratch. Which is definitely not something that can be built in a week
The Best Way To see What I've been Doing Recently Is To Click Here!
http://www.youtube.com/c/bricksathome1

Currently working in mid Wales in ETS2
and the area around Kelowna and Vernon in ATS

Roby1164
Donation rank:

13 Dec 2019 09:19

I understand that like Promods you care about having a job of your own, but in this case, it would not be better, take a step back, and integrate the original complete DLC, and then work on any expansion or improvement on your part. to upload later? I think a mod map should expand not upset the original one.
This would make all players able to travel both in pro mods and in original. without differences, at least for the cities and main roads, having a mod that distorts the position of roads and cities is not useful, and would also lead to other extra work and problems on any future dlc maps connected to this part. I see that when the SCS makes a map, it already creates road connection points, for future maps, just to have a part of the work ready.
This is my opinion

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

13 Dec 2019 09:22

It doesn't work so easily, you can't just paste the dlc into the ProMods Map. You have to merge them, many connections are overlapping with ProMods work, have a big height difference and thus require major rebuilds of the area.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

ScuL
Founder

13 Dec 2019 10:46

Roby1164 wrote:
would not be better, take a step back, and integrate the original complete DLC
this work takes about 2 ~ 3 months, because of the border crossings
plus it would also make the DLC mandatory (required) from this moment, which means that we get a lot of angry players that must buy the DLC when they do not yet have it
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Danculovic012

13 Dec 2019 10:53

As a map developer (on my project), I have to say that 2-3 months of connecting ProMods and the Black Sea is totally fine. Just new assets for border crossing prefabs are making the job even complicated for itself. Also, at that time of merging PM and the Black Sea, I hope that players who didn't buy DLC will save some money and be able to enjoy in the merged version of PM and the Black Sea itself. I wish luck to Scul and the rest of the time on the merging map.

Roby1164
Donation rank:

13 Dec 2019 15:28

ScuL wrote:
13 Dec 2019 10:46
Roby1164 wrote:
would not be better, take a step back, and integrate the original complete DLC
this work takes about 2 ~ 3 months, because of the border crossings
plus it would also make the DLC mandatory (required) from this moment, which means that we get a lot of angry players that must buy the DLC when they do not yet have it
Let's start from the fact that nobody wants to criticize your work, but, I believe that a mod, in this case a mod map, must bring additions, not modifications, the base must be the original map, and the mod must add details and shortcomings, don't upset everything.
Starting with saying that, the mod is used to avoid the expense of the DLC to those who do not want to buy it, I find it wrong, and if those who do not want to spend 10 euros for the DLC, can be shaken, the same is true for those who spent them . I who have the DLC, when Promods will be ready, when entering the game, I will consider the message that, due to modifications or mods, the vehicle has been restored to the starting garage, instead if the mod maintains the destination points original, this would not happen, and lack of all the DLC, all this gets worse, when you want to get into Multiplayer, and make a nice train, that we find ourselves all scattered throughout Europe, based on where one has the main garage , this not only makes those who have the DLC blush, but pushes to assess whether it is the case or not to use the Promods.
The majority of those who have not taken the DLC or do not want to take it, are those who have hacked the profile, have billions in the account, many means, and use the command to move from one point to another on the map, and I do not understand the fun.
As advice, if you accept it, is to evaluate the work well, and to consider that, as mentioned, to add deficiencies, details, but always remaining with the original basis, if you make additions of map parts that are not present in the 'original, always use the existing points of connection, roads, valleys, borders, to avoid future problems, I do not believe that those of the SCS, are completely stupid, and make roads etc. .. so meaningless.
Then today, having started the MP server for this version of Promods, it does not encourage us to enter, given the lack of all the part of the DLC, and the problems described above.

However good work

Vøytek
Developer

13 Dec 2019 16:41

We can't do anything about being teleported to your home garage - it'll happen with every game/map update, even if you use only SCS map (no mods). They added it years ago to prevent many issues.
And why the new DLC isn't integrated yet was explained already, so I won't repeat the same thing. You can join other servers, with vanilla map and enjoy the DLC while we work on it.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information