Middle East Add-on Pack V2.43

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Storm2608

17 Dec 2019 22:41

Just an observation:
First, I'm a Mac user, running the Steam version of ETS2.
When I created the definition file for ProMods 2.43, I changed the colours of roads and placed the def file at the highest priority. All worked as it should.
I then installed the add-on pack as instructed, placing it higher priority than the main ProMods map files. When I did that, the road colours were back to the game default colours but everything worked properly, otherwise. When I put the def file at a higher priority than the mid-east add-on pack, pressing "M" for the map resulted in the map details to be displaced significantly. I will continue to play, using the default road colours for now.

Kobra2112

18 Dec 2019 01:16

Hi Storm,

The reason for this is because of a map_data.sii file in the def for Middle East has a different map center than the one for promods. That is the reason for this "shift". If you want to fix this, do the following:

Since the .scs files are technically archives, you can open them in a program like 7-zip. Open promods-def-st-v243.scs archive (or non-ST if you're not using special transports). If you open the archive, you should see a "map_data.sii" file. Open this in notepad or some text editor.

Scroll towards the bottom and you should see a parameter titled "ui_map_center:"

Unmodified, it looks like this:
ui_map_center: (-14800.1, -8600.1) // in game units

Change the values to this:
ui_map_center: (17920, -180.1) // in game units

This should place the center in the same location where it is for middle east which SHOULD get rid of the shifting.
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information