Germany suggestions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
BarrGDA
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2013 20:07

There are many topics about suggestions on various countries, but I feel that Germany plays a big part of the game, and it would be nice to improve it in terms of realism first, before proceeding with other expansions. While I feel that the TSM map is nothing but a bunch of random towns with no feel to them (quantity over quality), their version of Germany felt rather pleasing to drive on.

I'm missing those mileage signs, they could be a good addition to Scandinavian countries, and not just Germany:

They also know their roads. Having been to Germany in real life, the comparison is right:

Notice the tunnel sign in the background:

The entire ring around Berlin (A10) looks ugly and unrealistic and could be upgraded.

Most German roads seem to feature either hills and valleys down south, or ridiculous amounts of trees and woods by the motorways

Note these 'U21' signs too :D

mirzad97

12 Aug 2013 21:17

You so right about this! Especially the sign about kilometers.
Bosnia And Herzegovina

Horus

13 Aug 2013 00:31

I like most of these ideas - I believe that the province signs for Germany were already planned by Promods... given that Germany's provinces are much bigger and so are easier to place signs for even in a scaled down game.

The only one I'm not so sure about is the distance signs... I mean, I do like the idea... but I don't think it would work in a scaled down game. Firstly, you would have to have it for all countries, it would look out of place if it was in one or two only. Secondly, it would seem weird driving for five minutes or so and seeing the distance drop by 100 km or something! The scale of the game is such that every 50m in game (about 2 or 3 seconds of gameplay) is a kilometer in real life! This would be especially noticeable in a small country like Luxembourg!!!

Still, I like these ideas! maybe the distance one could be modded so that the place names would be there, but the distance left out? That would still be quite cool.

ScuL
Founder

13 Aug 2013 00:36

The signs for the bundesländer are already in our mod, you may see them in North Germany.

We used to have these all over Germany but we decided in favour of bringing in SCS's sectors from version 1.4.1 in order to incorporate the latest bugfixes. So we have to reposition them (but hadn't had time).
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

10 Nov 2013 23:14

Maybe you can expand Berlin and put in Brandenburg Gate

Superdavecan

01 Dec 2013 23:23

Would be great to see the Ruhr area fixed up, so that Köln, Düsseldorf, Duisburg and Dortmund were no longer connected with simple country roads. I seem to remember Nico had that somewhere way down there on his to-do list... but yeah, it would be a very welcome fix in Germany on the current map. SCS made a bit of a mess with that bit... ;)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

02 Dec 2013 07:39

My to-do list is very long... before that is completed we will be at least 10 years further :mrgreen:
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Tuppence870

02 Dec 2013 18:28

RoadRageDude wrote:Maybe you can expand Berlin and put in Brandenburg Gate
The problem with a landmark like that is its size. The Gate is barely taller than the buildings next to it, so unless trucks deliver to the doors of the German parliament and embassies, it would probably never be seen in a game like ETS 2.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

02 Dec 2013 21:40

oh ok i was just suggesting a landmark because American Truck Simulator will probably feature one landmark in each city. Sorry if my post was annoying to some.

BULIGO

04 Dec 2013 23:15

I would be..content if the landmarks were not ..visitable, A.K.A. just pretty pictures glued on the distant surfaces delimiting the visible area. I mean, you can see it, maybe from all sides, but can never actually drive to it.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information