A question about Climate folder in ProMods def file

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
bumbumek

22 Feb 2020 01:53

Hello dear ProMods team,

in PM def file we have Climate folder. I wonder, what did you change in weather compared to SCS default Climate folder?

ScuL
Founder

22 Feb 2020 08:49

we have to add climates to sectors that aren't in the standard map
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Luky0805

22 Feb 2020 11:59

hello
ScuL wrote:
22 Feb 2020 08:49
we have to add climates to sectors that aren't in the standard map
So that means like north norway gets its custom weather? Or does it even apply to day/night cycle (as knows in north in promods there'sn't night)

And I have noticed that in some countries the rain is more intense, even when I set same value for g_set_weather 1. Does this file do this?

bumbumek

22 Feb 2020 13:19

Thank you, but did you change anything in default folder? I mean, is weather in your mod exactly the same as in vanilla game, or did you modify it?

ScuL
Founder

23 Feb 2020 23:27

yes north Norway is one of the areas where new climates have been defined, as well as Iceland for instance. It could be that rain intensity is increased also.

As for the other question, I am not sure if anything is changed vs the defaults, you can probably extract the climate files from the def pack and compare them.
I think Nico and Mandel know more about this than I do
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information