How will you guys do Gibraltar in Promods?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

28 Aug 2014 07:28

MapDrawer wrote:Gibraltar is a well-known port town. I think it could be interesting to see Gibraltar in the game, but first, all of Spain needs to be made
And before Spain can be made, France need to be finished.
I know Spain can be connected right now, with Bordeaux added. But then we have a half finished France, which ain't cool..
  • First finish France
    Build Spain
    Build Gibraltar
But if Promods-1 is working on France, and Promods-2 is working on Spain, it's fine to have a WIP on France and Spain :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Jake_Ledger
Donation rank:

28 Aug 2014 13:13

Gibraltar although only small has quite a bit going on. It has various warehouses and trucks going in and out of it. It does also have a port or sorts providing a ferry service to Tangier. Plus almost all the goods on the shelves are English meaning that they are either flown or DRIVEN in from the UK. Plus the fact that they drive on the left adds to the complication. It's a unique location and could be built almost as an extension to Algeciras.

Der Freiburger
Donation rank:

28 Aug 2014 15:35

Gibraltar hasn´t got a big Port. Gibraltar is only cheap for Shipping Companies, thats the reason why you see a lot of ships with Homeport Gibraltar.
In my Opinion Algecieras is more Important, so you can make Gibraltar as a Little town like Cherbourg or Mont St.-Michel.
Jake_Ledger wrote:Plus the fact that they drive on the left adds to the complication.
thats not right, in Gibraltar they drive on the right side, like in Spain.
Look at HK Transporte on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/HKTransp/

Purno
Donation rank:

28 Aug 2014 18:41

It's kinda funny to see that everyone attempting to make a plea for Gibraltar, is using false facts to do so.

How about everyone gets their facts straight before making a plea? You know, like I did with Iceland back in the time...

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

28 Aug 2014 19:51

Purno wrote:It's kinda funny to see that everyone attempting to make a plea for Gibraltar, is using false facts to do so.

How about everyone gets their facts straight before making a plea? You know, like I did with Iceland back in the time...
Particularly when it's so darned easy to demonstrate facts rather than fiction. Zooming in on this Google satellite view clearly shows traffic moving according to the rest of Europe; along the right side...
http://www.maplandia.com/gibraltar/gibraltar/
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information