Can't open "promods-def-v171"

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
tbk515

19 Sep 2014 19:53

Hi, Truckers !
Is it possible to open the 'DEF' mod?
I want to edit game_data.sii and economy_data.sii. I want closer zoom for world map and reduce reward_bonuses.
Tried SCS Unlocker v1 and v1.1, but no luck.
Sorry for my English, but I'm from Bulgaria.
Tnx in advance!

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

19 Sep 2014 20:34

No, but then you don't have to either. Simply create your own game_data.sii and economy_data.sii files with the parameters you want to change, then create a new .scs file containing them. Name that .scs file such that it loads last, or at least after the ProMods files.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2014 10:09

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:No, but then you don't have to either.
Yes you can open it.....at least i can open the stuff without any hassle with 7zip..
Simply create your own game_data.sii and economy_data.sii files with the parameters you want to change, then create a new .scs file containing them. Name that .scs file such that it loads last, or at least after the ProMods files.
But it is easier to do that if you know what the default values of the mod are, and for that you have to look into the files of the mod.
Did that for example to "fix" the mapzoom with the improved weather mod a few weeks ago....and that is not soemthing you can do without the values of the mod.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information